CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Looking for Sacramento Crossfitters...

Hey all, you've probably seen me on the boards around typically commenting on gymnastics. That's my professional face of sorts as a coach.

Given a recent thread, I've been thinking of looking for people to either create a CrossFit Affiliate with or CF inspired group. While CrossFit Sacramento ( 4th Power Fitness is neat, I rarely go there except when I want to lift Bumpers ).

I'm sure many of us do workouts on our own or go to a local gym and do what we can.

I've seen a few CrossFitters on this board have Sacramento as their home base like myself.

Anybody interested in getting a group started? This could lead into an Affiliate or just a workout group. Either or.

Post or PM if you're interested. I'm generally available early to late mornings as I work in the afternoon/evenings. Sometimes I go to the Bay area before going to work in East Bay in the late morning/afternoon times or train on my own during the same time.

It would be good to workout with some like minded people. My friends in my social group are not attracted to CF and the one friend who I would lift weights with is typically busy in school right now when I'm available.

Hope to hear from ya,

Blair
Old 10-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Wade Smith

Profile:
Re: Looking for Sacramento Crossfitters...

Hello. I'm in Roseville. Been CFing for approx 3 months. Though I've been able to do the WODS at my local Golds, I hear there's a group in Old Roseville somewhere.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Actually, I've heard from a few people through PM, but my weekends were fairly busy in September and my car was in a wreck at the beginning of this month. Once I get my transportation solved, I will start contacting those interests for maybe a sunday workout.

It'll be good fun.

And maybe, just maybe I can get my booster club to buy me two pairs of elite rings...heh.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 AM   #4
Juan Cantu

Profile:

I'm in Roseville ..... and would be down to meet up with some people for some work outs.

P.S. Sundays would be perfect see'ing as thats my day off from work ...
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Tom Nguyen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Cantu View Post
I'm in Roseville ..... and would be down to meet up with some people for some work outs.

P.S. Sundays would be perfect see'ing as thats my day off from work ...

I'm in Fair Oaks, near Orangevale and would be willing to host some people. I have bumpers, rings, kettlebells, a nice 400m lap in the park behind the house. The park also has two playground structures with great bars for pullups and muscleups.

Weekends would work for me as well.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
Juan Cantu

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nguyen View Post
I'm in Fair Oaks, near Orangevale and would be willing to host some people. I have bumpers, rings, kettlebells, a nice 400m lap in the park behind the house. The park also has two playground structures with great bars for pullups and muscleups.

Weekends would work for me as well.
Sounds sweet ... we'll have to set something up ...anyone else out there ?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
Tom Ellison

Profile:

I'm a student studying out of state, but I'm from Sacramento and I go back for vacations and stuff. Usually I work out at 4th power fitness, I love it out there and would highly recommend it, but it is expensive for more than a month or two out of the year. If people got a group together I'd love to join in when I'm home around thanksgiving, or after Dec. 16th when I'm home for winter break.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
Chris Hancock

Profile:

I'm a junior over at Jesuit, living over in fair Oaks, and I'm definitely in, assuming I have time with wrestling starting up soon..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Juan Cantu

Profile:

Hey Chris, you wrestle ?

I did for quite some time ...

Well hopefully this group can grow and get together sometime ...
Old 10-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #10
Ian Carver

Profile:

I'd love to see a group workout from time to time. My only issue being my schedule as I work graves, Wed-Sat. and work out at my home gym or our K9 HQ gym in Carmichael. I live out in Rancho Murieta, so I am fairly close to O-vale, Roseville, and Folsom if anyone can get a group set up on a fairly regular basis. I'll keep my eyes on this post and hopefully we can get something worked out in the near future. I have a handful of partners who are CF'ers too, so if it pans out, I'll try and get them involved. Take care and stay fit - Ian