CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #31
John Chan

Profile:
Re: Rig idea for my yard

link doesn't work?

Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #32
William Henniger

Profile:

Just to clear a few things up here:

1) We build custom rigs and have since 2007 - The Castro rig was designed for Dave Castro's back yard - he spec'd it out. Seemed like a cool setup so we put it on the site.

The rigs we make can be put into any configuration that you would like.

2) We designed the regional rig in October of 2012 with 15' uprights so they have been something in our kit for a while.

3) We powder coat our rigs and have since 2007 - We reference paint with regards to factory operations. Claiming that powder coat will keep things from rusting is not true. There are holes in the uprights for j-cups etc so unless the uprights have been galvanized(inside/out) there is a possibility of oxidization.

It won't happen overnight and most likely nothing substantial for a very long time.

4) Higher tensile does not necessarily mean that the bar is better. ETD 150 costs more in a barbell than a bar shaft that is 200K Tensile - It was produced for its machinability. The quality of a bar comes from the design, steel variant, manufacturing tolerances and finish quality.

We make bars with tensile ranges from 155-215K.

----------

There are some other cool variants of garage/backyard setups here: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-eq...arage-gyms.php wfs

If you have an idea for a custom rig you can email team@roguefitness.com and time and we will build it!

Bill

Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #33
Peter Villa

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Henniger View Post
Just to clear a few things up here:

1) We build custom rigs and have since 2007 - The Castro rig was designed for Dave Castro's back yard - he spec'd it out. Seemed like a cool setup so we put it on the site.

The rigs we make can be put into any configuration that you would like.

2) We designed the regional rig in October of 2012 with 15' uprights so they have been something in our kit for a while.

3) We powder coat our rigs and have since 2007 - We reference paint with regards to factory operations. Claiming that powder coat will keep things from rusting is not true. There are holes in the uprights for j-cups etc so unless the uprights have been galvanized(inside/out) there is a possibility of oxidization.

It won't happen overnight and most likely nothing substantial for a very long time.

4) Higher tensile does not necessarily mean that the bar is better. ETD 150 costs more in a barbell than a bar shaft that is 200K Tensile - It was produced for its machinability. The quality of a bar comes from the design, steel variant, manufacturing tolerances and finish quality.

We make bars with tensile ranges from 155-215K.

----------

There are some other cool variants of garage/backyard setups here: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-eq...arage-gyms.php wfs

If you have an idea for a custom rig you can email team@roguefitness.com and time and we will build it!

Bill
Hi Bill. Since you're so diligent in putting things into "numbers", I'll address your comments "by the numbers" as we say in the Military.

1) Custom rigs. I'm sure you have built them. Great. Nobody has ever said that you haven't. I certainly haven't. Nobody has. In fact, some of the customers here are saying that they've reached out to you regarding customization of the Castro rig, but I quote "time to start saving". Whatever that means. Take it up with the customers. Castro rig specifically - Ok sure thing. His design, not Rogues. Whatever.

2) We've also had 15' uprights. The very first rig we ever sold, at Premier CrossFit, has all 15' uprights. That was installed in October 2012. At the same time you were designing, we were installing.

3) Not really sure why this paint thing is coming up. Nobody in this discussion board has mentioned paint at all. Some of the questions asked by members was regarding powder coat, and even the bolts rusting. But nobody has mentioned paint.

4) Our ETD 150 Triton bar has a tensile strength that is at 165k. So in tensile strength, it is higher than your new Ohio bar. That's a fact. Nobody is inflating anything. Now, yes, you do offer bars with higher specs at a higher price. Quality bars at that. But the price reflects that.

Now I'll put my own numbers.

1) Some customers do ask for triple bars, or muscle up stations from Triton. Rogue charges for a rig, then to add for example a "dirty south" bar, you charge an extra substitute fee. We do not do that. We build every rig piece by piece. No sense in charging for a single or double bar, that the customer is not getting. So if someone asks me that, we'll always be cheaper than you in that regard.

2) Our Fat Oreo J cups come standard with every single rack. Your version, the "Monster J Cups", you charge extra for. Again, someone asks me, we are cheaper and customer gets more. even our basic squat racks include the Oreo J Cups.

3) Have a great day.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #34
Mike Gin

Profile:

Decided to remove my post as I don't need to articulate what I felt about the previous post (and I don't want to get banned).

I'll just post a couple of the forum rules instead:

8.We require a high level of respect to be shown at all times to other users of the board. Insults (either direct or indirect), bickering, and flaming of any kind will lead to suspensions and/or banishment from the board. Tolerance level for this behavior is extremely low.
9. Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot, moron, stupid" and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts can also constitute harassment. This applies to all content submitted by users including posts, PMs, avatars and signatures.

Last edited by Mike Gin : 06-20-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #35
Peter Villa

Profile:

I agree. No need for "Lists" of things advertising what your company does or does not do.

Moving on, David, your link isn't working for the pics. I'd like to see them!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #36
David Sailor

Profile:

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewe...56481185457201

Try this one. This is still a work in progress but the possibilities are endless.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
Lynne Pitts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Villa View Post
I agree. No need for "Lists" of things advertising what your company does or does not do.

Pot, meet kettle.

Thread, meet closed.

Closed Thread