CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #11
Adrian Garcia

Profile:
Re: Rev X Jump Rope Testing for Again Faster

Do you have "Cheetah", color patterns for your ropes?

I'm late..
Old 01-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
Bryan Krachun

Profile:

I promise to review the rope twice. And jumpe rope at cheetah speeds.

A little late worth a shot
Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
Marshall Flagg

Profile:

CHEETOS!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #14
Mike Hollister

Profile:

The original RevX rope was my go-to rope for over a year. Then I got an RPM rope. It's pricey but the thing is by far the best rope I've ever used. RevX is second place, but it's by a pretty fair margin. For as often as crossfitters do DUs, it's worth having a rope you love I think. Interested to see how this thread turns out.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #15
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Awesome response!

The winning reviewers:
Craig Sifers
Jay Taylor
Erik Monson
Francisco Pietri
Joe Gazmen

Gentlemen, please email your delivery address as well as your desired color to Stacy.desmarais@againfaster.com. She'll make sure we get the new Rev X Rope out to you right away.

You'll post your reviews right here on the CrossFit Message Boards.

Thanks so much. We appreciate the support for Again Faster's testing effort. You guys rock.

Best,

Jon
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
Stacy Desmarais

Profile:

Jay Taylor and Francisco Pietri, don't forget to email me your color preference and shipping address to receive your free Rev X rope. Email: stacy@againfaster.com

We want to get these in your hands asap!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #17
Francisco Pietri

Profile:

Just saw this. Sent an email earlier tonight.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #18
Craig Sifers

Profile:

I received my rope yesterday. As promised here is my first impressions. I currently use a Rogue SR-3 short handle which Iíve used for close to a year. Before that my rope of choice was a Buddy Lee Master Jump Rope. My DUís are decent for CrossFit standards, Iíve never set a clock and seen how many I can do but Iíve hit 150 unbroken in a WOD. Iím currently working on trying to get triple-unders.

Shipping: I was chosen to review the rope on the 14th. I was contacted by Again Faster that day via email and the very next day I had a shipping notice with a estimated delivery date of the 17th. The rope came via USPS as promised on the 17th with no problems. Overall 10/10 as to be expected with Again Faster.

First impression:
ē Color: I chose green because I thought it would stick out more. Iíve never seen another green speed rope and it just looks cool. The color is defiantly vivid and bright, Iím sure with use and wear the color will start to lose some of the ďnewness colorĒ. Overall 10/10.
ē Feel/Quality: The rope defiantly feels heavier than my SR-3. With the weight also comes stiffness, which I really like. My SR-3 has some miles on it and its starting to show. The Rev X rope lays flat without kinks bends while to SR-3 takes its own shape however it feels like lying. I keep my rope coiled in my bag which Iím sure has a lot to do with the way to rope takes shape along with the heavy use. Only time will tell if the Rev X will share the same future, my guess would be yes. The handle itself feels just like any comparable rope/ industry standard for speed cable ropes both in weight and build. The length of the handle is just shy of the length of the SR-3 which is comfortable to me and fits in my hand perfectly. If youíre used to a long handle then this handle might take a little getting used to. Overall feel /quality I give this rope a 9/10..
ē Sizing: The sizing was just as easy as other cable speed ropes Iíve used. A couple set screws to move to find the perfect size. Again Faster also includes crimps to replace the screws if you choose too, which is a nice touch, but something I will not use. The versatility of a quick adjusting rope in my opinion outweighs the benefit of the crimps. I left the rope in my garage overnight and this morning grabbed it and went directly to the box. The rope had stiffened a little in the cold garage so a simple adjustment of the screw and I was back in business. A very minor adjustment but one that was needed for me today. The crimps would not allow for the fast adjustment on the fly. Overall 9/10.
ē Use: This is where the Rev X really shines. Taken directly off the Again Faster website the rope uses ďdual core bearings and an articulating eye to promote speed and prevent binding.Ē The spin from the bearings is fast and the eye creates more room for swivel and motion. After tweaking and adjusting to find my perfect size DUís were a breeze. I just used the rope to warm up and didnít do a ton of DUís but I could tell I am really going to enjoy this rope. Use 10/10.

Again these are just first impressions and thoughts. Weíll see how the rope does after some use. I will try to give the rope a good beating while also attempting to nail triple-unders and report back. If you have any questions please let me know and Iíll do my best to answer them.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
Craig Sifers

Profile:

Here are a few pics. Which might help with what I was trying to explain above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0083.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	13141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0084.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	13142   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0085.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	13143  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #20
Erik Monson

Profile:

As promised, here are my out-of-the-box impressions of the Rev X rope.

The rope was ordered on the 14th and delivered to me in Wisconsin on the 16th. No shipping issues at all.

I ordered green. Love the color; very distinctive and easy to find in the gym.

Sizing was simple. 5 minutes, max. Youíll need a small flathead screwdriver and a wire clipper.

The handle length was fine but the feel of the handle left something to be desired. The handles are plastic, very light, and the bottoms of both handles were rough, as though they were broken off a mold after production. I hold my rope so that the bottom of the handles are in my palm. This was annoying during an 8 min ME DU test. Iím sure that sandpaper will resolve this issue.

By way of background, I currently use a Rogue SR-1S bearing rope. Before that, I had an Rx Rope. And before that, a Buddy Lee rope. The Rev X has approximately the same size handle as the SR-1S. Comparing the Rev X cable to the SR-1S cable, the Rev X rope is slightly heavier; it felt similar to the Rx Rope 1.8 cable.

Just based on feel, I am optimistic that the Rev X rope will not kink like the SR-1S rope does. Kinking has been an issue for me with the SR-1S. We will see how the Rev X does after it is rolled up in my gym bag and being occasionally stored in the trunk of my car overnight.

At this time, I'd rate overall performance as very good, but not excellent. The Rev X is slower in my opinion than the SR-1S. This may be perception rather than reality. Iíve only logged 370DUs with it. Iíll update in about a month.