CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Jared Probst

Profile:

Alright so i have been on the zone for going on two weeks. Within those two weeks I have had 2 zone meals off what the book reqeusts. Problem is i appear to have more "fat" than i did when i started the zone. My weight hasn't changed a bit in the two weeks. The only good thing is my performance in the gym has drastically improved.

Am i doing something wrong!?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
Jared Probst

Profile:

Note: My girl says im slimmer and my tattoo artist says my biceps are larger. So it could just be a self-image thing.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Troy Archie

Profile:
Well you said it yourself, your performance is up and isn't that the whole point? I on the other hand had the exact opposite effect on the zone where I lost weight and BF but my performance went down hill. I would gladly switch results.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #4
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
Jared, how we look and feel sometimes may be very temporary compared to has actually hapenned (shed fat/ put on muscle etc).

You may be overhydrated, constipated, tired and swollen, after a workout and looking muscular...you name it. The only sane metrics I have found is how I perform on the WOD, and how loose/tight some pants may feel.

For example, even though my performance is steadily increasing and I don't feel like I have lost weight, people have told me I look like I have, and yesterday I put on a pair of size 30 very shrunk jeans that fit like a glove. If you're doing it right, you're bound to lose fat and put on muscle. It takes patience, perseverance and good knowledge so that you are unshakeable when it comes to knowing you are doing the right thing. :wink:
Old 04-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #5
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
It's self image, don't worry how you look, worry about how you preform, looks will follow preformance.