CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 03-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Smile Dr. G spreading the CF love on Expert Village...

"Cross Fitness Core Body Exercises"
"Cross Fitness Upper Body Exercises"
"Cross Fitness Lower Body Exercises"
"Cross Fitness Pull Exercises"

Yes, you do have to watch an ad at the start of each clip.

For the record, I had nothing to do with how they named the categories, why they chose to call it Cross Fitness (note the shirt I'm wearing, from my first cert), and we shot all 60 (yes, sixty different exercises!) in the same day with maybe one or two takes per exercise. Man, was I tired at the end of that day!

I hope some folks get some benefit out of what I did there. Enjoy!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Re: Dr. G spreading the CF love on Expert Village...

Dr. G....the man...the legend.

Nice work! You definately deserve the spotlight my friend.

Good to finally put a face (upclose) to name.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Michele Weeks

Profile:

Dr. G,
Watched some of your videos and loved them!

I have bookmarked that page and will definitely find the time to view them all. What a great opportunity to promote CrossFit and your services.

m
Old 03-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:

Re: Garrett
Thank you for your contributions there, but I must say that after I saw this (WFS) video about three months ago, the site lost all its credibility with me.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Elliot Fuller

Profile:

Wow Patrick... agreed completely.

And Dr. G: great vids. I'm familiar just about everything you did, but I'm sure that I, and even some of the more seasoned folks, can pull some good pointers from them. Nice work
Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Garrett Smith

Profile:

Wow, that running heel-toe thing was funny.

Anyone notice how in her drills (high knees, butt kicks, etc.) she never lands on her heels first? Try doing high knees on your heels...ouch. When I think about it, running straight ahead "normally" is about the only thing where people can move semi-quickly and still land on their heels first. Every other agility drill requires landing on the balls of the feet...carioca, side shuffling, backwards running, jumping rope, etc.

Patrick, I only found out about that site and the opportunity because another CFer (Michael Pearce) suggested I do some segments to teach CF stuff...BTW, *still* waiting on my check! I never got to see it before it was put on the interweb.

I'm really glad to hear that folks are liking it so far...the space I'm in was part of what was originally slated to be CF Tucson, but alas, I'm working it out so that will happen in two bigger, pre-existing spaces!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Nice Garrett, while I know all of these exercises; I know a few friends that might enjoy them. One has been really getting into BW movements and lately after I told him of Furey has been digging that ( BW movements goes well with his Silat and old Kung Fu ).

These in addition, to the general Drillsandskills calesthenics provide a solid base of a whole bunch of exercises with relatively nothing that a beginner can start off with.

I'd love to get many of my friends doing many of these that require no gym membership and no equipment. Heck right now both of my roomates are trying to lose weight, one of them having a 24HR membership since last fall ( hasn't gone once because he wants to after he rides his bike to burn off a lot of fat ).

Also I could send these to my dad maybe as he likes to do a lot of BW training since his judo days. I can honestly say, that I'm not sure the town he lives in has a gym ( pop around 8k ) and he is recuperating from his job and ice fall injuries outside.

Last edited by Blair Robert Lowe; 03-29-2008 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

" These in addition, to the general Drillsandskills calesthenics provide a solid base of a whole bunch of exercises with relatively nothing that a beginner can start off with. "

That's a typo. I meant anything instead of nothing. I'm just not in the mood to bother paging an admin about it.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #9
Garrett Smith

Profile:

Thanks for the support, everyone. Like I said, I hope people benefit from it, it sounds like that is happening.

Honestly, I think I started to take the CF community for granted before. Mistake on my part!