CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Kelly Moore's 20k KB Competition log

After a very long drive from St Louis - getting lost in Chicago - picking up wonderful grassfed bison meat from a fellow CrossFitter - getting trapped in Chicago construction for hours and finally returning back to Madison, I'm home. Not pleased with the results from Nationals in Vegas (202 jerk, 180 snatches with the 16k - about 20 too few snatch reps) and I now have the first cold I've had in years to boot.

Anyway, I needed to do something to help stretch out my back. Decided to attempt a six minute 20k snatch set. I pulled out the Ace bandages and wrapped my forearms. If the set hurt, I would stop.

6 minute 20k snatch set - 45L/45R. 15 rpm. Easy for both hands and forearms. Did not watch the clock close enough on the right and started the first minute at 17 rpm. I must be very aware of where I catch the bell on the descent; this bell is heavy enough that I can't play grip games with this one and get away with it. My grip will give out and my hands will tear if I'm not on target with my technique.

50 consecutive kipping pullups - I was curious to know how many I could do in one minute without taking any effort at speed....the buzzer sounded at 43 pullups. The next time I'll do as many Annie S frog kick style as I can to see if the turnaround time is faster.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Kelly Moore's 20k KB Competition log

Sorry about the cold but your training is truly kick ***!! Any more news on your trip east?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:46 AM   #3
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Re: Kelly Moore's 20k KB Competition log

Hi Sarena,

I'll chat with Lynne about the trip. It's just around the corner - the happy part (visiting friends!) and the scary part (the running cert!).

Morning workout:

Warmup - 1x15 45# bar barefoot ATA OHS

6 min 20k snatch set: 36L/36R. 12 rpm. I felt tired this morning - hand tired and body tired. It's going to take a while to get used to back to back snatch days much less 5-6 days in a row.

2x30 kipping pullups. 30 pullups takes around 40 seconds when I'm not speeding. 40 second break between the two sets.

After much discussion from my kb coach, it was decided I stop doing anything beyond heavy one hand swings until the bone bruises on the forearms heal. How long that takes is unknown; but it's pointless to continue working with injuries that continue to alter my technique. I'm free to do CrossFit until I start back into kb training.

"Lightweight Diane" - 2:55. 155# touch and go straight bar deadlifts with full extension at the top and no dropped lifts, top of head to floor headstand pushups with full elbow extension and hands on 2x4 blocks. I've been curious about my time using the "womens" deadlift weight. Didn't feel stressed or fatigued. I much prefer 225# deadstop Diane with hands to jawline ROM handstand pushups....much, much more challenging.