CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
Chris Jordan

Profile:
John A. and I are organizing an event on Jan 24th.

Details coming. Let us know if you are interested in attending.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Neal Winkler

Profile:
There is a slight chance that I could be off work, but I'm not going to count on it.

What kind of equipment are you going to need?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
Chris Jordan

Profile:
Neal,
I hope you can make it.

John A. knows a place we can work out. Our equipment needs depend on what we are going to do. None of that is finalized yet so any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to do a benchmark workout like Fran or just have a practice session for olympic lifts.

What do you think?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Neal Winkler

Profile:
I think that we should definately do a workout, and also get some pictures so that we can get our picture up on the front page.

If I am able to attend, I am going to ask some of my BJJ classmates to come along, as they have some fights coming up and need to get on board CrossFit if they really want a competative advantage. With that said, I think it would be interesting to do "fight gone bad" for our first workout!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
Graham Singer

Profile:  
I can probably make it. I am in school, so it depends on how much work to do. But seeing as its early in the semester, I should be there. Neal, you really do need to get your boys on Crossfit. Check out www.crossfitnc.com. Its home to some good BJJ and pro fighters that live by this stuff. Thats how I found out about, was training with those guys before the CrossFit gym opened.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #6
Chris Jordan

Profile:
January 24 CrossFit St. Louis is meeting at the Wellbridge Fitness center at 7:30PM. We have reserved a group workout room. First we will review basic CrossFit movements with Kelly Moore. Then Catherine Imes will offer instruction on kettlebells. We plan to follow this up with a group workout. This is a great chance to learn, to meet fellow St. Louis area CrossFit athletes and best of all it's free!

Please email me if you plan to attend. Bring a water bottle and eat your wheaties. When you arrive look for a very beautiful, very pregnant blonde. I'll be near her.

Thank you,
Chris Jordan

The info for Wellbridge:
Wellbridge Athletic Club & Spa
7620 Forsyth Blvd.
Clayton, MO 63105

From 40-64, take Hanley Rd north to Forsyth Blvd.
East on Forsyth 1/2 block to Wellbridge
Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
Neal Winkler

Profile:
Any news on the equipment needs yet? What kind of group workout does everyone want to do?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
John Daniel

Profile:
For future CF workouts, I highly suggest Shaw Park and Clayton Rec Center. (They are next to each other) Anyone can pay for a day at the rec center and they have MUCH BETTER free weights (I think 3 full racks for the bars of death) than Wellbridge does. They also have a full basketball court, rock climbing wall (for ropes!), and a 2 pools.

It is centrally located in Clayton and no membership is required. I can reserve space both in the facility and in the park if necessary.

Shaw Park is a nice park with lots of room to run.

My only complaint, I am not moving back to St. Louis until Feb. 10!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #9
Chris Jordan

Profile:
John,
Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds like a great idea for a March event! I'll be in touch.

My lovely wife (Julie) points out that we'll be a little busy with a new baby around then. I won't let that stop me. It's our 4th child....old hat.