CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #131
Tim Trujillo

Profile:
Re: My garage gym!!!!

I just added 12 more lacrosse balls for mobilty and 4 more sets of #10 Rogue Hi Temps.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #132
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
I also are a set of Type S Jerk Boxes from Legion Athletics this week. Matt at Legion was very professional and was great to talk to. I love the footprint and the build quality is excellent. The size and price really made it a no brainer for me. The 40" height does make it a little difficult for one of our guys that's over 6', but everyone else fits just fine. I will update on durability in a few months, but I don't think we will have any problems.
How's the durability been on these? I'd like to buy a pair, or make them. Not sure yet.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #133
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Mitchell View Post
How's the durability been on these? I'd like to buy a pair, or make them. Not sure yet.
Cooper, I love them. They are to short for our guys that are around 6', but I'm going to build 10" risers for them soon. I couldn't buy the wood and hardware here cheap enough to not just buy them from Legion. The Legion guys were incredible too. I did see that they are going to focus on only one set of boxes from now on. I think something middle ground between the Type S and the fI'll size. People are so amazed at how damn heavy they are, I couldn't imagine the full size.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #134
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
Cooper, I love them. They are to short for our guys that are around 6', but I'm going to build 10" risers for them soon. I couldn't buy the wood and hardware here cheap enough to not just buy them from Legion. The Legion guys were incredible too. I did see that they are going to focus on only one set of boxes from now on. I think something middle ground between the Type S and the fI'll size. People are so amazed at how damn heavy they are, I couldn't imagine the full size.
That's a good review. I've been looking at prices on the wood and I would barely be able to do it cheaper than them. I don't understand how they sell them for so cheap. Sure, they probably buy in bulk, but still, the margins must be ultra slim.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #135
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Mitchell View Post
Old 01-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #136
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

I've been coaching and training out of my garage for 5 years now, and I am in a rut. My motivation has gone way down. I have had maybe 15 workouts since December 1st of last year. I have more athletes than ever and I am enjoying the coaching part. I just can't motivate myself to get in the gym with the free time I have for myself. Any advice from you seasoned coaches and athletes?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #137
Michael Cook

Profile:

Sign up for a competition. Then you will have something to train for, and maybe that will motivate you more.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #138
Steven Thunander

Profile:

Sign up for the Open. Train for it. Then sign up for something in the summer ( CF style comp, spartan race, ect).

Also, working out with some of your more seasoned athletes can help you.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #139
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Put yourself on someone elses program if you are doing your own. There are so many great ones out there, find one you like. Or spend your personal time training your weaknesses, if you aren't strong as a bull, get stronger (CrossFit Football or Field Strong)! If you can't do an iron cross, work on your gymnastics (CrossFit Gymnastics or anything by Carl Paoli)! If you aren't as good of a runner/swimmer/biker as you want to be, work on that (CF Endurance). Mental game not up to par, check out sealfit! Want to be a better oly lifter, SNATCH! (Outlaw/barbell shrugged) - etc. etc. etc. New programming can be a breath of fresh air into your personal training.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #140
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Thank you, I know what to do. I just need up get moving again. The open is right around the corner. I'm gonna kick *** and compete hard in the open and that should get me through to bikini Season.