CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Lower-back and upper-glute pain

Sounds good. Let us know what happens
Old 05-12-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:

X-ray showed that I have a slight curvature in my spine, but it's caused because my left leg is shorter than the right leg. The doctor sent me to the physical therapist and then I'll know what's going on with my back, and the appropiate treatment for it...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #13
Chris DeCarlo

Profile:

i would suspect an imbalance in muscles due to your scoliosis...the fact that you did some exercise and it worked itself out is a good sign...i would look in to quadratus lumborum , gluteus maximus and piriformis trigger points on the side of pain..THE QUADRATUS IS THE MOST OVER LOOKED MUSCLES IN THE LOWER BACK AND CAN MIMIC SCIATICA AND DISC INJURIES..it will refer pain around front into thigh and also down into lower glute..hit all those trigger point and stretch them out..

i wish i had a nickel for every time someone was told they had a disc injury by "someone" then after a few sessions of trigger point to quadratus it gets better
Old 05-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris DeCarlo View Post
i would suspect an imbalance in muscles due to your scoliosis...the fact that you did some exercise and it worked itself out is a good sign...i would look in to quadratus lumborum , gluteus maximus and piriformis trigger points on the side of pain..THE QUADRATUS IS THE MOST OVER LOOKED MUSCLES IN THE LOWER BACK AND CAN MIMIC SCIATICA AND DISC INJURIES..it will refer pain around front into thigh and also down into lower glute..hit all those trigger point and stretch them out..

i wish i had a nickel for every time someone was told they had a disc injury by "someone" then after a few sessions of trigger point to quadratus it gets better
Thanks for the advice, but I'm in pain at this very moment. Started working out as pain seemed to fade away. Today after I showered I felt some really sharp pain in my lower-back, and at some point it felt like part of my lower-back went num. It still hurts quite a bit and I'm having difficulty walking without pain :S

I'm scheduled to see a physical therapist on Monday, if the pain persists, I might even go before...

Man, this sucks!