CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thursday 060608

For time:

Run 400 meters
50 Pull-ups
Run 400 meters
50 Push-ups
Run 400 meters
50 Sit-ups
Run 400 meters
50 Squats

subs = none
time = 16:51

Looked so easy on paper...reality was different. My lower back is as sore as it's ever been (in a very good way) and i felt it each step of each 400 meters! In fact, i don't think i have anything that isn't sore right now. Anyway, the workout went pretty well. I wasn't happy with my time, as i wanted sub 14, but there isn't much i can do about it now. My runs were a little slower than usual (soreness?) and i was slow on pull-ups, as usual. I still can't kip so the dead hangs take a little while!! I try to kip, but calling it that would be a great disservice to the movement!!

Looking forward to a day of rest....
Old 06-09-2006, 03:54 AM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
I'm only a minute behind, better start moving faster! :biggrin:
Old 06-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
You're absolutely right!!! I need to get my *** in gear and try to stretch that lead on the WODs that i can actually beat you on!!!

...i'll take small comfort in knowing that i'm still +3 on the muscle-ups!

Glad to hear my buddy/training partner, Santos, is getting you some foam rollers at a fraction of the price. 45 bucks is ridiculous!!! We pay a small fraction of that.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Yeah, I really appreciate it! Tell Santos I said thank you very much.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060610

Barbell Thruster 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

45 x 5 WU
115 x 3
135 x 2
145 x 2
155 x 5
165 x 1
175 x 1
185 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 1
210 x 1
**all weights in lbs.

All felt good today and i was happy with the weight i put up. It was the first time doing heavy thrusters, so i really didn't know what to expect. The 210 was definitely a max effort. I don't believe i could have gone heavier without the weight stopping on the way up.

My warm-up today consisted of playing around on the rings for over an hour. Not my rings, of course, as they are nowhere to be seen yet. The rings were the homemade PVC variety and were supplied by Crossfitter James Climer who was in town and joined us for the workout today. James is a great guy and i can't thank him enough for bringing the rings...and letting us keep them!! We basically did a bunch of dips, L sits, and various other things that he showed us. It's only my 2nd time ever using rings, so everything is still very new to me. I did knock out 3 consecutive muscle-ups from an L-hold position, though. I can already feel my midsection tightening up from all the ring work!!!

A very big thanks to James for coming out and training with us. We look forward to seeing him every time he's in town!

Anthony- I'll pass the word on to Santos...though suddenly it seems like he is actually popping on to the boards. It's about damn time!!

Old 06-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
Santos Reyes

Profile:
Sorry Mr. Advanced member, I will post more just as soon as I can do a muscle-up. Until then...
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 AM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060611

WU = 3 x 15 of:
samson stretch (30 sec)
o-head squat
ab mat sit-up
back extension
shoulder dislocates

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

Time = 11 minutes + 10 pull-ups

then...i decided to give this another go a few hours later for the added volume and...

Time = 11 minutes + 6 pull-ups

Well, at least i'm consistent!!! Really, though, this went pretty well. I've done this one before and i haven't improved too much. I'm +10 pull-ups from the last time i did it. I've really got to work on getting this number higher.

Let it also be known that i'm ridiculously sore in the shoulders from the ME thrusters on saturday...this is a very good thing!!! Problem is that it might not be a good thing for J.T. today! Oh, well, J.T. looks like a lot of fun and i can't wait.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Awesome work on the thrusters, Jeremy. I thought we had a little chat about you slowing down with the strength gains so I could stay ahead??
Old 06-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #9
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Monday 060612

"J.T."

21-15-9 reps of:
Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

time = 22:36

I'm pretty sure i could do a bit better on that one, but damn my shoulders were/are sore from ME thrusters!!! By the end of my first set of 21 HSPUs, i could barely lift my arms over my head!!
Good stuff, though, I love this workout!! In fact, it's my new favorite!

And thanks again to James Climer for donating a pair of PVC rings to me!! The difference in time was incredible, not to mention how much more your body gets out of it!!

Anthony - And i thought you were going to have a recovery period after surgery!!!!!!!! Thanks for the words!!

Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 AM   #10
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Hey now, I had a whole week of doing nothing but eating bigmacs and ice cream! :biggrin:

Seriously though, your progress is coming along nicely. Do you have any specific goals for end of year? I'm looking to outline some new goals and I'm curious to see how we stack up.