CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Joshua Newman

Profile:
Just wanted to share something excellent that's been happening at CF NYC:

Because all of us leaders are volunteers (or, 'suckers'), we rotate through taking turns heading up classes. On his last turn, Keith led us through a workout brutal enough that we all started plotting revenge. So, when Court came next in the rotation, he pulled out an even more brutal workout in retaliation.

Of course, since everybody goes through the workout together, that attempted revenge on Keith caught the rest of us as collateral damage. Meaning that Scott took the lead at the subsequent workout gunning for something that would cripple both Keith and Court.

Now, the next time I lead, I have no choice but to extract vengeance on all three of them.

You can see how this works; it's sort of an arms race of increasingly ridiculous workouts. Being your basic sort of CF masochist, I couldn't be more thrilled by how it's all playing out.

(I am, however, a little worried about the logical conclusion of the escalation: reaching the point where even physically impossible exercises seem reasonable. "Jump off the railing of the outdoor deck, down to the street seven stories below, then run back up the stairs; that's one rep.")
Old 07-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
Court Wing

Profile:
Ya know, Josh, what ever happens to the other leaders in my efforts to secure the title "Painmaster" is of little consequence to me but when I think of all the newbies and the resultant "collateral damage", it just...makes me want to share the love with them as well.:proud:

Bye the way, Scott, since being introduced to "your Mom" last night, my legs won't stop twitching...thanks.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #3
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
This is only going to get worse before it gets better. :-)
Old 07-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Tom Brose

Profile:
Descriptions of the carnage?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #5
David Wood

Profile:

Tom, go to http://www.crossfitnyc.org/

Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #6
Joshua F Hillis

Profile:
Ridiculous escalation? Inmates running the asylum? Sounds great! I want to play!

Dude your guys workouts are really sick and twisted. I might have to try some of your workouts and post my score your comments.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
Laura Rucker

Profile:
hmmm reminds me of the war of the Painstorm workouts. As we pray for Jeff to rain down revenge against CFUK for that July 4 workout, we are asking for our own worst nightmare...

*sigh* I'm sure we're all quite insane. Isn't this FUN?!

BTW, great pic of CFNYC roofin' it on tomorrows WOD.