CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #141
Ian Nigh

Profile:
Re: combining pullups with school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
Ian, you're a coach. If someone were to come to you asking these questions, as ridiculous as they might seem, I hope that you would act differently and try to help them.
You have to pick your battles man. I have fired clients before for different reasons, passive aggressive attitude and making no effort to follow coaching has been one of them.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #142
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Do pullups till failure a few times and do sprints to failure a few times. Repeat twice a week.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #143
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Nigh View Post
You have to pick your battles man. I have fired clients before for different reasons, passive aggressive attitude and making no effort to follow coaching has been one of them.
That's understandable, but in my opinion laughing and poking fun at them is another matter. A few of us were making fun of him earlier when we thought he was trolling, but now its apparent that he just really needs help. He isn't a client, he's just a kid who is pretty well lost in this fitness stuff.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #144
Clint Harris

Profile:

So I posted what I did because I has spent about 7secs googling an answer for him (again - like the indoor track) and decided, furg it, the next thing will be $8 is too much, or I don't like the color, or it hangs around my neck and how am I supposed to run with it.

Just run outside, as fast as you can, and don't worry about the time. It'll toughen you up running in the cold.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #145
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
So I posted what I did because I has spent about 7secs googling an answer for him (again - like the indoor track) and decided, furg it, the next thing will be $8 is too much, or I don't like the color, or it hangs around my neck and how am I supposed to run with it.

Just run outside, as fast as you can, and don't worry about the time. It'll toughen you up running in the cold.
I understand why you did it, but sometimes you gotta keep that stuff to yourself I guess. Just trying to keep this thread positive and help out the OP, even though its difficult.

That is good advice though, I doubt the weather in Ottawa is any worse than it is here in Michigan. Today would have been an awesome day to go get some sprints in!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #146
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Can't help the helpless. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Im kinda with him though that I wouldnt pay 9 bucks just to use a track...
Quote:

If you see him helpless, don't post. We are trying to help and you and everyone else making fun are not. If you think it is dumb, or he can't be helped, leave. Don't start hacking on him. Your negative post are not needed.

There has been plenty of post over the years that I though were dumb, but I just did not post, even as much as it annoyed me I left it alone.

Benig negative and hacking on others makes this sire negative. One thing I have always loved about this site is the patience and support to ALL on here from power lifters to people just starting who have never lifted a weight in their life and are sick and way over weight.

Pleas try and help this or not post negative.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #147
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Jeff, on the 9 dollar track, I'd do it if I knew I'd be on it for a wile. I have a buddy though who will not pay it. Running on the street is good, but he said he found a track, and if he wants to pay, I'll back him up just to get him to run a little.

For all the runs on crossfit I have places marked out for 400/800/1000m. But if I am doing 400m splits or if the workout is timed runs I'll go to the track forsure. But it is free for me though.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #148
Hamze Abdi

Profile:

Quote:

I've never actually had a problem running while timing myself(other than the fact that I can't perfectly time myself). That part is very easy.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #149
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Just train primal style and do what I said. Time isn't important and nor is reps at your point in time. Do what you want to do to failure a few times with a minute or two between sets. After 3-5 sets go home and dont put another thought into it.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #150
Hamze Abdi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Stopwatches or wrist watches can be had dirt cheap.

I can't believe there is no school around you with a track you can use for free.
Well yeah, there's free tracks but they're OUTSIDE. Too cold to train...