CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Alberto Cabezas

Profile:
Bodyweight training help

For various reasons i'll have to stick to only bodyweight for a year. I've been doing crossfit for almost half a year and I was ready to start some serious strength training to put on some good weight. However, i'll have to stick to only bodyweight until january 2014. The only equipment i have is a rope to climb and a metal structure where I can do pull-ups, dips, bar muscle ups. My first thought was to go into the wodshop.org, look for bodyweight exercises and do anything i randomly get on a 3-1 system for a year. But that might not be the best idea.
Does anybody know about some kind of program or do you reccomend some type of training for me to do during this year? It would be amazing if i could find some strength bodyweight training but i know its not that possible. I've heard of Convict Conditioning but some say its **** some say its great so i dont really know.
Thanks for the help
Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: Bodyweight training help

when you say bodweight, are you willing to use stuff like vest, sandbags, etc? is it just because you don't have access to barbells? can you add weight to dips, pullups, etc? also, what is your goal?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Kate Head

Profile:

I know how you feel. I had to stop the weights for a while due to surgery so I used
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38312

Although I did have to do cardio only for 4 months before I was allowed to do a push up. Very frustrating. I even missed burpees.

Another thing you could do is perform the moves of the WOD but no weight just a broom handle. Sad but true.

Good luck. Hope this helped.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Adam Molnar

Profile:

I would choose a well constructed programme, like CF Football, and substitute barbell moves to bodyweight moves.

StrengthWOD like this:
Bench-1 arm push up
Squat-pistols or weighted box step up, weighted lunges
Press/PP-HSPU
Deadlift-Headstand leg raise
If you not strong enough to do them, do the progression-like described in Convict Conditioning.

CFFB daily WOD can be modified much easier.

It's good to have sandbag or Kbells, gives more variety(Power clean, snatch), but not necessary.

So, the pre-made workout routine gives you the basic guidelines, and you make minor changes to your needs/possibilities.

I mean, that's what I would do.

Last edited by Adam Molnar : 02-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.