CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Evan Peikon
Banned Evan Peikon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Northport  NY
Posts: 650
IF, renegade, and Crossfit

Quick question. for the past year or so I've been following a 15/9 fast/feed window completely unintentionally, but haven't cycled carbs etc like most IF porticols say too. Assuming i eat the same number of calorie, carbs protein, fat etc but at different timing, is it true that a better hormonal response(a more anabolic state, better adrenal function, improved sleep) can be reached.

I just read the renegade diet, and following the best protocol for myself that they have my template would look like this (post WOD shake doesn't count towards feeding window, but is mandatory since no other food wil be consumed until noon).

Pre WO: 1-2 cups coffee
Intra WO: 10g BCAA
Post WO: 25-35g Whey, 25-40g Dextrose

Meal 1 (12): 3 eggs+ 4oz meat (or 1/2 meat), and salad+veg
Meal 2 (3:30): 12-16oz meat, large sweet potato, salad+veg
Meal 3 (7:30): 12-16oz meat, large sweet potato, salad+veg

basically what I'm asking is if anyone has any experience skipping breakfast, then going lower carb for half your feeding window and going higher carb at night
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Donald Lee
Member Donald Lee is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cypress  CA
Posts: 1,124
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

By cycling carbs, you're supposed to do higher carbs on workout days and lower carbs on rest days.

What you're talking about is carb backloading.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
Evan Peikon
Banned Evan Peikon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Northport  NY
Posts: 650
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

So that being said is carb back loading effective for performance
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Donald Lee
Member Donald Lee is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cypress  CA
Posts: 1,124
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Peikon View Post
So that being said is carb back loading effective for performance
Debatable. Not enough research on it yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Evan Peikon
Banned Evan Peikon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Northport  NY
Posts: 650
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
Debatable. Not enough research on it yet.
One of the main reasons that I'm curious is because eating starches with my meals makes me tired (not a problem at dinner, but during the day it obv is). But, i also do NOT want to go lower carb since I've been performing really well like this.
Im also not looking to lean out (already where i want to be), but I've read its good for recovery+ improving performance which is my main goal
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Donald Lee
Member Donald Lee is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cypress  CA
Posts: 1,124
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Peikon View Post
One of the main reasons that I'm curious is because eating starches with my meals makes me tired (not a problem at dinner, but during the day it obv is). But, i also do NOT want to go lower carb since I've been performing really well like this.
Im also not looking to lean out (already where i want to be), but I've read its good for recovery+ improving performance which is my main goal
Read this thread on Borge's diet:

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=12525 (WFS)

You might also want to read these:

http://www.yewhealth.com/2010/11/21/...ept-diet-v2-0/ (WFS)

http://myrevolution.no/s/health-fitn...cept-kosthold/ (WFS)

You need to run that last one through Google Translate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Tim Cooper
Member Tim Cooper is offline
 
Tim Cooper's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso  TX
Posts: 89
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

I read this thread and I realized, I am too, doing the renegade diet the last 6 weeks without even knowing. Results are pretty awesome. Im doing paleo too.
__________________
“You have never tasted freedom, friend," Dienekes spoke, "or you would know it is purchased not with gold, but steel.”
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
Richard Deyan
Member Richard Deyan is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Forest Hills  NY
Posts: 321
Re: IF, renegade, and Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Peikon View Post
Quick question. for the past year or so I've been following a 15/9 fast/feed window completely unintentionally, but haven't cycled carbs etc like most IF porticols say too. Assuming i eat the same number of calorie, carbs protein, fat etc but at different timing, is it true that a better hormonal response(a more anabolic state, better adrenal function, improved sleep) can be reached.

I just read the renegade diet, and following the best protocol for myself that they have my template would look like this (post WOD shake doesn't count towards feeding window, but is mandatory since no other food wil be consumed until noon).

Pre WO: 1-2 cups coffee
Intra WO: 10g BCAA
Post WO: 25-35g Whey, 25-40g Dextrose

Meal 1 (12): 3 eggs+ 4oz meat (or 1/2 meat), and salad+veg
Meal 2 (3:30): 12-16oz meat, large sweet potato, salad+veg
Meal 3 (7:30): 12-16oz meat, large sweet potato, salad+veg

basically what I'm asking is if anyone has any experience skipping breakfast, then going lower carb for half your feeding window and going higher carb at night
Is that workout in the morning? If so that dextrose will certainly be the culprit of sleepiness.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T pushups and Renegade rows Mark Garcia Exercises 2 02-22-2006 12:10 PM
Renegade rows Dennis Yiatras Exercises 10 02-16-2006 01:20 PM
"Renegade Rows" Greg Beesch Exercises 8 05-11-2004 09:43 AM
Renegade Weekends Parth Shah Fitness 3 03-20-2004 08:31 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.