CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #61
Reid Hurley

Profile:
Re: Cfcc Bccc 2010

8/5/10

Slowly trying to finish eating earlier and earlier each night. Otherwise I want to try to keep my intake around this range.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1280966400.

Totals
Calories - 1904
Protein - 198.3
Carbs - 161
Fats - 53.3
Old 08-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #62
Erin Davidson

Profile:

[quote=Anthony Kasandrinos;8Well, I hit my numbers damn near dead on.......maybe I should go eat a few Greek Olives.......need to plan lunch better, my lunch was at 2pm and a desperation stop to Trader Joes, my lunch was Bison jerkey and a banana........but.....I discovered Turbot, this fish is pretty damn good and really cheap with a lot of protein in it for the price. Plus it is fairly think cut compared to tuna or salmon so it thaws really fast........I have always been a reading terminal market person since I live next door but trader joes is becoming my friend.[/QUOTE]

Turbot is my favorite! So good just by itself and often wild! Yuuuuum!

Update for me: just bought my protein and fish oil and shaker. Now to plan the rest. Ha. Ha. More details to follow as I text this from beeeeettty's.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #63
Reuben Asia

Profile:

Thought today was pretty solid. We shall see though at the end of the month. I need to find a good way to get a large amount of very healthy carbs at one meal. Tried the sweet potato tonight, but I didn't cook it long enough. So, sweet potato cookers (meghan or sam), any specific directions for cooking sweet potatoes in microwave/oven would be appreciated (temp, time, etc) .

Protein - 173.5 + 80 (pre+post workout)
Carbs - 188 + 60 (pre+post workout)
Fat - 146.5

Last edited by Reuben Asia : 08-05-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #64
Kristin D'Aco

Profile:

Getting better at figuring out the proportions today, and had a really good crossfit work out

Calories: 1,391
Fat: 57.7 (on target)
Carb: 116.5 (still a little low because I should be at 145 with the work out carbs added in, but better than before)
Protein: 102.8 (on target)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...wner=juniperkd

I also got my shipment of True Protein and Dextrose today, as well as a shaker cup. I'm excited to implement the pre/post work out regimen tomorrow!

And even though it took an hour to bake those sweet potatoes in the oven, I had one this morning for breakfast with a pat of butter and cinnamon - it was soooo good. Definitely going to repeat that one!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #65
Kristin D'Aco

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben Asia View Post
Thought today was pretty solid. We shall see though at the end of the month. I need to find a good way to get a large amount of very healthy carbs at one meal. Tried the sweet potato tonight, but I didn't cook it long enough. So, sweet potato cookers (meghan or sam), any specific directions for cooking sweet potatoes in microwave/oven would be appreciated (temp, time, etc) .

Protein - 173.5 + 80 (pre+post workout)
Carbs - 188 + 60 (pre+post workout)
Fat - 146.5
Since I don't have a microwave at the moment, I baked mine in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour - it was super soft and sweet by the time it was done. I didn't wrap them in foil, but put them on a baking sheet because they do leak some sugars at the end. I also scrubbed the skin beforehand so I could eat that too - it came out great!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #66
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:

Well here is my day of eating

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...=kasandrinosag

Totals

Cal 2073 (+137)
Pro 151 (+6g)
Carb 183 (+13g)
Fat 86 (+11g)

I guess I went a little over on everything...............I was kind of hungry later in the day.....I think I just need to keep eating more veggies. I for sure need a little more variety. Trying to mix things up between fish, chick and red meat........maybe salmon for dinner Friday night
Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #67
Arrus Farmer

Profile:

My stats for the day:

Cals: 2632
Fat: 81 g
Cholesterol: 213 mg
Sodium: 2423 mg
Carbs: 175 g
Sugars: 62 g
Fiber: 31 g
Protein: 240 g
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/#ixzz0vmwcVKuo

Swordfish FYI is a heavy calorie and fat fish. It put me above where I wanted to be in those two categories. I'll just use it for the last day of peak week tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #68
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
Turbot is my favorite! So good just by itself and often wild! Yuuuuum!

Update for me: just bought my protein and fish oil and shaker. Now to plan the rest. Ha. Ha. More details to follow as I text this from beeeeettty's.

E, it is very good by itself.......I had to Greekify it and add some sea salt, olive oil, lemon and oregano.....but it was really good.....think I am going to go get like 5 pounds of this stuff

BTW
September 10th= BETTY BURGER.........:stir:
Old 08-06-2010, 04:46 AM   #69
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Kasandrinos View Post
E, it is very good by itself.......I had to Greekify it and add some sea salt, olive oil, lemon and oregano.....but it was really good.....think I am going to go get like 5 pounds of this stuff

BTW
September 10th= BETTY BURGER.........:stir:
HAHAHHAHA @ "Greekify"

Also this: "Maybe because I am not eating enough carbs and therefore my brain has started to eat my hamstrings."

I love us.

OK so I am starting to log and eat clean today. I feel like absolute crap today. Main problem has been sneaking in that dessert or that treat every day because I generally eat well the other 80% of the time. So I also want to make those treats real treats. Also more veggies, always. ALSO MORE SLEEP. Like, obscene amounts. I felt like such an old lady at the Eagles scrimmage last night. All of my friends were at Chickie's and Pete's drinking a tower (yes, a tower) of beer, and I just wanted to go to bed at 10. Hah.

I feel like my recovery has been a little iffy lately too. I am cool being sore for a day or two, not so much for three. It really hinders my next workout. Need to be better about ice/fish oil/ foam rolling/stretching. Lots and lots better.
Sorry for the stream of consciousness...deliriously tired.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 AM   #70
Shana Rietta Mccarron

Profile:

Thursday-8/5
BREAKFAST-Cottage Cheese, cantaloupe
LUNCH- 2 boca burgers, cucumber, flaxoil
DINNER-tofu noodles, fake meatballs, pasta sauce, peppers (GARDEN!), spinach, flaxseed oil, coconut water
SNACK- string cheese, yo crunch

TOTAL: 1393 CALORIES; PRO-106.2; CHO-147.3; FAT-46.2

ACTIVITY: crossfit/ bike 16 miles to and from the city

*felt grumpy and irritable all day. could be alot work stress and home stress. felt myself wanting to eat sugar/comfort foods. first time a recognized this for what it was. definitely weighing and measuring is geting tiresome....but it is a necessary evil i know.
*crossfit was good. kept deadlifts light- 165 because of lingering sore/sticky back issues.
*weighed myself after dinner- 144.4/ 26% body fat same.
*planning a "cheat* meal at honeys- granola pancakes with syrup.
*talked to greg about pre/post workout supplements. will try this in the next week or so....nervous about staying within prescribed calorie perameters.

QUESTION- Should I be counting the 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil i am trying to work in everyday?

Jack-thanks. i work hard at looking good.