CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
Clara Giffin
Member Clara Giffin is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sacramento  CA
Posts: 19
40/50/60% what does it mean???

Does anyone can explain to me what 40/50/60% means? Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Robert Fabsik
Member Robert Fabsik is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kildeer  IL
Posts: 2,233
Re: 40/50/60% what does it mean???

Regarding what? Exercise weight percentages? Macronutrient percentages? Target heart rate percentages?

Sorry, just not clear what the % are referring too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Clara Giffin
Member Clara Giffin is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sacramento  CA
Posts: 19
Re: 40/50/60% what does it mean???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fabsik View Post
Regarding what? Exercise weight percentages? Macronutrient percentages? Target heart rate percentages?

Sorry, just not clear what the % are referring too.
You kind of teach me something :0) . I think this is regarding weight percentage. This is what I see every day on the board at my CF club :"Skills " since I m a newbie they told me not to worry about it yet but I m curious to know what that refers to .
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Rebecca Roth
Member Rebecca Roth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saint Louis  MO
Posts: 2,048
Re: 40/50/60% what does it mean???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Giffin View Post
You kind of teach me something :0) . I think this is regarding weight percentage. This is what I see every day on the board at my CF club :"Skills " since I m a newbie they told me not to worry about it yet but I m curious to know what that refers to .
It means you perform the lifts at 40/50/60% of your 1 rep max. So if for instance you can do a lift at 100lb 1RM, then you would do the reps described at 40/50/60lbs.
__________________
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
Veronica Carpenter
Affiliate Veronica Carpenter is offline
 
Veronica Carpenter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oroville  CA
Posts: 2,709
Re: 40/50/60% what does it mean???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
It means you perform the lifts at 40/50/60% of your 1 rep max. So if for instance you can do a lift at 100lb 1RM, then you would do the reps described at 40/50/60lbs.
And if you don't yet have a 1RM, perform the perceived intensity. 100% meaning you're giving your all out effort.
__________________
If it's sore - ice it. If it's torn - tape it. If it's heavy - lift it!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.