CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #61
Camille Lore

Profile:  
Re: Anyone have pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Mattes View Post
... but not a lot of really impressive "Here is my 500lbs deadlift" shots.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #62
Tobias W. Neal

Profile:

Did anyone notice this thread got highjacked from the original poster? She is looking for motivation and for pics to keep her motivated. Somehow this got spun into what CrossFit is and is not to the public.

Not one person who has walked in my door has said that they want to improve their lifts or really understands functional fitness. Most want to get big and look like the athletes in 300 or look like Nicole from CFHQ, focus on the words "look", then it is up to the coach to help bring the different mindset along.

No, CrossFit is not the best for "looking" a certain way or all bodybuilders would be doing CrossFit and they don't, yes fit people if following the right diet can get more ripped but for overall look train like a bodybuilder, for function and form in GPP train like a CrossFitter, want to lift a car, train like a powerlifter, etc.

Many people thought that the men in 300 looked awesome and it is true that they trained with Mark Twight and did CrossFitesque workouts but Gerard Butler also hired a bodybuilder to train him as well so he could round out the "look" of his training.

Back to the OP's original post, check out

www.crossfitaspire.com WFS, for pics of the 8 Week Paleo Challenge we did, and then the last pics are of Rachel where we worked with a hybrid program of CrossFit and bodybuilding.

Cheers!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #63
Beth Eternick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Mattes
I'm just saying it's telling that on publicity photos for CF there are tons of half-naked people, tons of attention-getting shots like doing a handstand against a wall or overhead squatting something silly, but not a lot of really impressive "Here is my 500lbs deadlift" shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
CFers who have their deadlift pic as their profile pic on Facebook, so the boring deadlift must matter to someone.

My FB profile pic is of my deadlift. It was admittedly less-than-IDEAL but it's MINE! The only time I've done CF Total - and the first day I pulled a weight over BW. 95kg, and I'm much happier with my profile having THAT up than any of my other pictures. I'll probably change it up, but that's what it's been for a good 4-5 months. I'm certainly prouder of that lift than I am of my fat loss, however; it doesn't LESSEN the achievement of improved body comp or overall health. Appreciate both.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #64
Scott Robson

Profile:

Personally I went to the gym today to do a CFT. I didn't bring a camera, and went by myself. I've never felt the need to have anyone photograph my personal best deadlift, squat or shoulder press. Because those are all things I internalize. And they don't make interesting pictures.

But if I'm doing something silly like a handstand push up on vacation in front of a crazy tree, of course someone will take a picture.

It's not a matter of what you find important, it's what's interesting to photograph.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #65
Daniel Mays

Profile:

Squat: 195-350 lbs, Full OLY calf to butt
Deadlift : 215- 400 lbs
Clean: 125-227
Press: 115 - 165
Bench Press: 170-215
Jerk : 115 - 217
BW 155lbs-160lbs (All in lbs)
I can run really really fast.

Danny Mays
Old 01-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #66
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

Profile:

I just started a 100day paleo challenge on Jan 1st, and I was reminded of this thread. Maybe I'll be posting my pics here in 96 days...

I've made considerable body comp changes since starting CF... I just don't have that "Wow" end result... yet.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #67
Matth Challoner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence "Bo" Boland III View Post
I just started a 100day paleo challenge on Jan 1st, and I was reminded of this thread. Maybe I'll be posting my pics here in 96 days...

I've made considerable body comp changes since starting CF... I just don't have that "Wow" end result... yet.
Good Luck Bo!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #68
James R. Climer

Profile:

Wow, an incredibly inspirational thread for about
4 pages, takes a 180 in the next 3 pages &
augers into the verbal compost heap of
personal dogma, banter and blather.

Oh, and good luck Bo.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #69
Jason David

Profile:

I started a thread a few months back titled 'My first elite client'. I don't feel like searching and finding it from my cell phone...but there are a few pics there of one of our (MCCF's) female athletes.

Regarding the other stuff. I understand Jamie and everybody else's point. For me, if I lose 15 lbs and add 35 lbs to my deadlift I will have a bw press, double bw backsquat and a 2.5x Bw deadlift. these goals may contradict each other but if I get reasonably close, I will have no problem w the bodyweight WODs at the sectionals (because I'll be lean) and wont mind the heavy stuff either (because of my strength #'s). I should also fill out my clothes quite nicely as a result.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #70
Jason David

Profile:

Here's the thread I was talking about... http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=52356 w/f/s