CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #1041
Jordan Wallace

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Started Paleo full on 2 days ago.

I train alot at my box and at home, follow CFE, CF mainsite and do my own WODS. If i'm honest i was worried about getting enough calories in (around 3000) with Paleo, But it has been fine, Nuts are my savior.

With me training basically 6 on 1 off, i need my sleep, which eating carbs late at night was depriving me off, dont know whether it's just phycological but i'm sleeping the whole way through the night which is phenomenal.

Wish Me Luck Guys!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #1042
Stu Selden

Profile:

Start of day 3 for me...feeling pretty tired and my stomach has been having some issues the past couple days.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #1043
Luke Hale

Profile:

Day 10 for me today

Slow-cooked a 2kg brisket last night. Had a taste with breakfast (incredible!), had a big slab with salad for lunch, and will have more for dinner with leftover ratatouille.

Also got about a 1.25kg pork shoulder that needs slow cooking tonight.

Tomorrow is gonna be meat-tastic!!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #1044
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hale View Post
Day 10 for me today

Slow-cooked a 2kg brisket last night. Had a taste with breakfast (incredible!), had a big slab with salad for lunch, and will have more for dinner with leftover ratatouille.

Also got about a 1.25kg pork shoulder that needs slow cooking tonight.

Tomorrow is gonna be meat-tastic!!
I usually cook my food for the whole day every morning. Sometimes it's hard not to take a bite before I pack it in the tupperware! I usually try to eat breakfast first and THEN start cooking to avoid this but when it comes out perfect it's hard to resist!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #1045
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Schmellerhine View Post
Wow, I'm amazed this post is still going strong. It was around during my first foray into Paleo World this summer. I was good for a few weeks and kinda have been doing half-hearted since.

But my local affiliate here in Tallahassee started their "Lean Into Spring" seven week challenge on Sunday last. Wow, before pictures really are quite a motivator! I'm committed to strict Paleo, CF, and taekwondo. I must admit, over the past three days though, I've suffered quite a performance dip physically and mentally. My last CF workout, I was totally gassed and with TKD I'm covering up more than kicking. But more importantly, I'm a lawyer who uses his brain for a living (in contrast to the other type of lawyer). My head has been so darned foggy, I just pray no on calls me up for some really sharp advice. Anyone got any suggestions? I've been eating fruit (apples, bananas, melon) when I start feeling foggy, but it gives me only a short term (30 minutes?) fix. As I'm trying to lean out, I don't want to just be eating fruit all day. Any advice from my fellow Paleo folks?

Thanks for encouragement, advice, etc--I really could use some!
Alexander, can you post what the rest of your eating looks like? (quantity wise). You may not be eating enough to sustain your needs, especially with crossfit and taekwando. Also, the first week or so can be tough as your body adapts to life without refined carbs and sugars.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #1046
Calogero Vassallo

Profile:

Its day 4 for me and its been awesome so far.

I can feel the results.

Not as bloated. Don't feel overly full. It feels good.

I'm doing Paleo/Primal and the food is so good with some of the recipes I've found.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #1047
Paul Szoldra

Profile:

Just wanted to get this out there to all taking the challenge. Dr. Harris of PaNu recently posted about substituting bad foods for paleo friendly recipes, such as paleo pancakes and ice cream, etc.

He believes (as do I) that this is actually bad in the long run. He wrote a great piece about it on his blog, which you should check out here:

http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2...igarettes.html (WFS)
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #1048
Jason Broyer

Profile:

started my 30 day challenge yesterday. Started Paleo up again last week and was about 90% for the week. I have eaten paleo in the past and it was awesome. I stopped shortly after i had leave m affiliate and my training went to hell, gained back 15#, boooooooo.

It's been about 18 months since i have been to my affiliate and currently in winter lay-off so wont be able to go back until spring so that kind of stinks. Good news is i have plenty of time to cook and train!

Monday was my first day of the challenge and CFSB to get my base strength up for WODS.

I'm 25 5'11" 205 with probably around 14-15% BF (even though zone calc says im like 10%?)

Would love to lean out to around 185 but i know with CFSB i have to eat a ton and im shooting for around 2700-3000cals/day so we will see what happens.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #1049
Bryan Tarlowski

Profile:

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fa...l?pagewanted=1YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

I winced a few times, horrible reporting.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #1050
Diane Mahoney

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Tarlowski View Post
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fa...l?pagewanted=1YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

I winced a few times, horrible reporting.
I had heard about the article. Interesting. I did not realize they had three-foot-tall refrigerated meat lockers in Paleolithic times. Or that “New York is the only city in America where you can walk”. I don't know how I'm going to break that news to my dogs. And it's really too bad I don't qualify to donate blood.