CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
David Chambers

Profile:
Anterior Knee Pain

I have recently developed some anterior knee pain that a think may be a result of a number of injuries.

I originally hurt what I believed to be my groin (left) while playing football/soccer last year ago. This injury seemed to clear up with rest but has returned with a vengeance recently every time I participate in an activity which involves sprinting.

While playing soccer I notice a lack of stability on my left side when I change direction. Post playing my knee is extremely painful for a couple of days before it seems to clear up.

I also notice that when I perform leg raises while lying on the ground, my left hip pops when I raise or lower to ground level.

I recently had to travel and while travelling, my knee became so painful that I had to stick it out the window as the extension was the only thing to relieve the pain. As my job involves a considerable amount of sitting at a desk this has now developed into a daily occurence, hence I turn to you guys in the hope of finding a solution.

Has anybody any suggestion what can be done or is it time to find a good physio?