CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
Danny Evans

Profile:
Couture Nutrition Products

Hello,

Has anyone here used Randy's 'Couture Nutrition' LifeForce, Greens Complex Pills?

I'm a Submission Wrestler, and I use KB's. I heard this kind of supplement can help fight fatigue. I'm 41, and by the middle/end of the day, my energy levels seem to drop off.
Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Frank E Morel

Profile:
Re: Couture Nutrition Products

Ever thought of just eating?
Small frequent meals to balance the expenditure during the day.
Most fatigue supplements are just loaded with caffeine or herbal stimulants that mimic caffeine.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Danny Evans

Profile:

Well, I don't eat 99% of the green veggies included in these pills, so it seems it could only be a good thing. My job does not always permit me to consume many small meals during the day.
That's why I was looking at these pills...
Old 04-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
Shawn Casey

Profile:

Danny, I think you just answered your own question there, bud. Most of the folks here on crossfit are going to tell you to focus on what food you put in your body before you consider supplements. I'm sure if you through a veggie or two in there you might notice changes in how you feel. all I take is fishoil and eat about 90% paleo with at least one big veggie salad a day. I have zero problems with lost energy or with falling asleep during the day even though the people around me are knocked out by midday. In fact, it's almost like I'm wired. To me, supps are kind of a crutch and pretty much a waste of money if your solid food nutrition is sub par.

I'm just wondering what you are eating and how your performance is?

Shawn
Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
Todd Angel

Profile:

Danny,

I don't know how you usually eat, but I switched to more zone friendly eating style (I say zone friendly because I could be more strict), but energy is through the roof and about 6 pounds of fat lost in only 3 weeks. The only time I lack energy is after I fall totally out of the zone (cheat meals). Just some food for thought. I takes a bit more work in meal preparation and planning but is worht it. Take it easy.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Frank E Morel

Profile:

Sorry dude.. even combat soldiers find the time to eat. Its called grazing.

wake up...
breakfast meal one
work out
snack... meal two
fruit? milk? cook meat?
work...
work break.. meal three
fruit, cheese? yogurt? hand full of nuts.
work
meal time.. meal four

pm work break.. meal five
dinner meal six

if you need.. bedtime snack meal seven.

You have to create the time to slip in something here and there.
if you can stop during your work day for water, then a glass of water and chunk of fruit or a something is possible.

But if you do graze during the day... you fatigue issues in the middle of the day are stopped dead on the clock.
As to eating only 1 percent of the veggies, in your magic pills.. well thats your fault for not listening to mama... "now go eat your veggies and you will grow up big and strong" remember that one?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
Derek Weaver

Profile:

I may be the only one who will say that greens type drinks (lightforce, greens +) aren't a bad idea. I personally don't use them, but anything that helps alkalize the system is usually a good idea.

Black box it and see how you feel. But cleaning up your diet is always the best way to start.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 AM   #8
Gerhard Lavin

Profile:

When I saw the thread title "Couture Nutrition Products" I was expecting a discussion of the all new Calvin Klein creatine and Dolce Y Gabbana protein shakes.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
Danny Evans

Profile:

Ger,

That would be a sad day indeed!!

I realize that cleaning up my diet, and eating at the right times, is the first step. The other issue is...I never actually consume the ingredients in these pills; why? Because I don't like them. The only green veggies I like are green beans, asparagus, and green peas. So, getting these other greens, from the pill, seems like it could only be a good thing.
I'm not one of those people who think everything can be cured with a pill, but I just figured I could try them, and see if they work.

Nutrition is such a complicated, and intimidating subject. Once I get the pills, I will post back with the results; good or bad.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
Kelly Moore

Profile:

Danny,

Here's an idea for taking in more greens. Do you have access to a blender? You could consider "blending" your greens for breakfast in the morning; even my vegetable avoidant partner will take in greens this way. I like the way it tastes and drink this basic blend for breakfast every morning:

Several large kale leaves or large amount of other green leaves
Large bunch of parsley
Large handful of broccoli sprouts or any other sprouts
1/2 small apple
1/2 small lime
cold water or other liquid

Turn on blender and let run until smooth (I have a Vitamix so it's a very quick process - it will probably take longer and be less smooth with a lower power blender).