CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #671
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
So your in then scotty, good man. Defo wait till your healed, then you can give our times a good *** kicking!! HOws it feeling mate?

Ricky
Theres no pain anymore just a little stiffness in the morning. Hit some bodyweight Back Squats 3 days ago and suffered for it in the morning. With no re-injure I could be ready to hit one of the challenges Sunday. My competitive nature is killing me not being able to hit the challenges right now.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 09-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #672
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Theres no pain anymore just a little stiffness in the morning. Hit some bodyweight Back Squats 3 days ago and suffered for it in the morning. With no re-injure I could be ready to hit one of the challenges Sunday. My competitive nature is killing me not being able to hit the challenges right now.

I can imagine mate, especially as your doing so well!!

Did you buy that heat bag? They help to soften the muscle up.+if you take a couple of ibroprufens it can help relax the nerves. Sometimes its the nerves firing that makes the muscles spasm, relaxing them can hgelp relax the muscles.

Ricky
Old 09-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #673
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
Completely forgot to do that, theres so much to do on them rings, I think the weighted vest would be good as you dont have to worry about hanging onto it.

On that subject of Muscle ups, short & heavy - 15 Weighted Muscle Ups for time.
Rings are just overwhelming, too much to do.

I'll wait for you to try some weighted MUs and tell me how heavy you went
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #674
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Thanks for the advice Ricky, you must learn how to sort injuries in your game. I ended up getting the heat spray which turned me into a pink and white cow when I went in the gym and forgot I had it on. An hour of sweating and wiping it around I thought I had some kind of skin disease. I will try the Ibuprofen and see how it is in the morning. I guess the heat bags would be in sports shops or chemists.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #675
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Ricky, you must learn how to sort injuries in your game. I ended up getting the heat spray which turned me into a pink and white cow when I went in the gym and forgot I had it on. An hour of sweating and wiping it around I thought I had some kind of skin disease. I will try the Ibuprofen and see how it is in the morning. I guess the heat bags would be in sports shops or chemists.
Yeh i actually bought one at a wee handy shop for 3. love them. Yeh you learn alot about treating injuries when you've had quite a few!!

Ricky
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #676
Christin Street

Profile:

Hey Scott- Jeez you log is busy! But then I'm one to talk. I wanted to figure out how your back is feelling!! Better, I hope!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #677
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
I hope you are doing better, I have had back problems alot, it sucks. You can do some back extensions to strech out, I do them when I pull my back, it hurt a little at first. I hang to the floor for a bit to strech out. Somtimes I hold a weight in my hand to help strech, It helps me.

The challenges are getting fun. Hard as heck, but fun. Can't wait to see you in action. So far I'm a minor threat to the Richards, So get well so you can challenge them!!:stir:
Old 09-13-2008, 05:41 AM   #678
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Hey Scott- Jeez you log is busy! But then I'm one to talk. I wanted to figure out how your back is feelling!! Better, I hope!
Hello Christin, its getting better, almost unnoticeable so im itching to test it properly with the deadlift push up WOD, done some light squats today and no problem so im happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I hope you are doing better, I have had back problems alot, it sucks. You can do some back extensions to strech out, I do them when I pull my back, it hurt a little at first. I hang to the floor for a bit to strech out. Somtimes I hold a weight in my hand to help strech, It helps me.

The challenges are getting fun. Hard as heck, but fun. Can't wait to see you in action. So far I'm a minor threat to the Richards, So get well so you can challenge them!!:stir:
TGhanks for the advice Nic, half my time seems to be for my back this last week, if im not on the foam roller , im getting cosy with some frozen peas. I will try the hanging stretch, I find Supermans are good also.

Yes good to see you hitting these challenges, I like both the short and long WODs so happy to hit whatever everyone else is. That dead/push up one is harder than it looks on paper, theres no excuse to stop going and going. Waiting for the Richards to finally decide on the next challenge also!!

13 September 2008

Shoulder Press 3-3-3-3-3
50k - 60k - 65k - 70kx1 - 65k

JOSH
95lb Overhead squat 21 reps
Pull ups 42 reps
95lb Overhead squat 15 reps
Pull ups 30 reps
95lb Overhead squat 9 reps
Pull ups 18 - 7.44

No pr as first time on this one. I could go faster but was taking care on the OHS so as to not irritate lower back.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #679
Nick Harris

Profile:

How about Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Mighty Reds have won over Man U!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you would be excited. How did your team do today?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #680
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
How about Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Mighty Reds have won over Man U!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you would be excited. How did your team do today?
Yes I see the highlights last night and Liverpool looked a better side and deserved to win. Ipswich beat the might of Reading 2-0. I bet your having a great day laughing at all the Man U fans and Liverpool didnt even need Torres or Gerrard.