CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:55 AM   #211
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Will try that butterfly kip with different grips today Kirez, mine is still more like a fish on a hook than a butterfly!!

Kirez. When you say off-cycle does this mean your training in a different manner or having a complete rest. And is Valhalla crossfit the gym you train at.

Now there is 4 of us in this little battle can i suggest we have 4 goals

50 Kipping Pull-ups
15 OHS's Bodyweight
1 Minute L-sit

May i suggest 30 round Cindy??

Maybe the Pull ups will be first to fall, but I feel a lot closer to the L-sit
30 round Cindy, hell yeah !

Should we attempt it the next time it comes up in the WOD or ?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #212
Kirez Reynolds

Profile:

Off-cycle -- I wiped myself out putting 110% into an SS workout, then doing the CFT just 18 hours later, then I gave 110% to a 2000m row, so that when I tried to stand up afterward I fell over. My wife tells me the other gym patrons were all going bug-eyed watching me pull myself onto the treadmill with my arms, trying to start it up when I couldn't even stand yet. So, yeah, I wasn't ready to do the WOD the next day, needed a day of rest. Tonight we're celebrating our anniversary so we've got to do a convenient workout. I'm just off-schedule with the main page.

Valhalla CrossFit is the affiliate I'm starting up. We're relocating to the US on July 3rd. Valhalla CrossFit will actually be our DBA name, while our affiliate name will be location-based, and unfortunately our location is not yet decided. So, right now Valhalla CrossFit is our garage gym, without the garage.

30 rounds of Cindy?!?!

Are you cherry-picking here, brother? Damn. Ok.

The more I think about it, I may be closer to getting 30 round Cindy than I am to getting 15 bw OHS. Still. Damn.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #213
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Congratulations on your anniversary Kirez. No wonder you needed an off cycle , that sounds like an immense workout!! Glad to see the 30 round Cindy is accepted as I am a lot lot closer to that than 15 OHS!

Sunday 1st June 2008

135lb Squat Cleans 10 reps
50 GHD situps
135lb Squat Cleans 8 reps
40 GHD situps
135lb Squat Cleans 6 reps
30 GHD situps
135lb Squat Cleans 4 reps
20 GHD situps
135lb Squat Cleans 2 reps
10 GHD situps - 13.33

That was a hard one!!

LYNNE bodyweight today 87.5k
Bodyweight Bench Press 90kg - 16/14/13/10/10 - 63
Pull ups - 25/20/18/18/14 - 95
TOTAL = 158 PR

Pull ups done on smith machine which has a seriously fat bar so grip was the determining factor. Is determining a word? Tried butterfly kip on last set which did not go well and it why i got 14 when i changed back to old kip then deadhangs. Messy set
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #214
Dominic Beardwell

Profile:

Nice Lynne Scott, that one burns

30 Round Cindy! Jeez, ok then Thats prob fair cos im not that far off the pull ups and the OHS but im way off on the L-sits and Cindy. Only done Cindy once and managed 14 rounds in December so I am hoping to get near to 20 rounds next time. Ill have a go late next week

Lets get it on! woop woop

Hi Kirez
Old 06-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #215
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Beardwell View Post
Nice Lynne Scott, that one burns

30 Round Cindy! Jeez, ok then Thats prob fair cos im not that far off the pull ups and the OHS but im way off on the L-sits and Cindy. Only done Cindy once and managed 14 rounds in December so I am hoping to get near to 20 rounds next time. Ill have a go late next week

Lets get it on! woop woop
Yes it sounds like I have thrown one in that suits me better. Im a long way from the pull ups and OHS, the complete opposite of you. With a decent pull up bar maybe I could get about 30+ now. Good luck Domonic
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 06-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #216
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Monday 2nd June

ROW 6,000m - 21.49

Damper 6. Row rate about 32 strokes. Just 4 seconds short of the Level 3 standard (21.45). Finished 5K in 18.20 so the last 1,000m was done in 3.29.

Palms facing forward on rings practice (hard).
Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #217
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Monday 2nd June

ROW 6,000m - 21.49

Damper 6. Row rate about 32 strokes. Just 4 seconds short of the Level 3 standard (21.45). Finished 5K in 18.20 so the last 1,000m was done in 3.29.

Palms facing forward on rings practice (hard).
Holy cow, that was a close one but still, great performance !

I never touch to the damper setting, maybe I should ? Do you switch it depending on the distance you do ?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #218
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
Holy cow, that was a close one but still, great performance !

I never touch to the damper setting, maybe I should ? Do you switch it depending on the distance you do ?
Yes the shorter the distance the higher the damper. I do not go any lower than 6 as its not enough resistance for me. The worst thing is Richard it is a long painful row and now I have to do it again!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:23 AM   #219
Kirez Reynolds

Profile:

Hey Richard, if you never touch the damper setting, it's probably always on 10. Just because that's where most people leave it.

I read all these threads here on the forums about damper settings, in utter bewilderment and amazement that it can be so complicated and controversial, and finally relented and set mine at 5 because that seemed to be the best-supported recommendation coming out of all those threads. When my wife pointed out my 40 s/m stroke the other day, she said I should go higher.

Many people did say that if you're really strong, it makes sense to set the damper higher; but others argued it's not strictly about strength.

I haven't rowed anything longer than 2000m. I can't believe your 3:29 on the last 1000m, Scott, that's hardcore.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #220
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirez Reynolds View Post
I read all these threads here on the forums about damper settings, in utter bewilderment and amazement that it can be so complicated and controversial, and finally relented and set mine at 5 because that seemed to be the best-supported recommendation coming out of all those threads. When my wife pointed out my 40 s/m stroke the other day, she said I should go higher.

Many people did say that if you're really strong, it makes sense to set the damper higher; but others argued it's not strictly about strength.

I haven't rowed anything longer than 2000m. I can't believe your 3:29 on the last 1000m, Scott, that's hardcore.
With your strength Kirez you should not go below 6 on a long row or 8 on a sprint. I too have read many threads concerning the damper settings for rowing different distances , and yes generally they say set it around 5-6. Yesterday I tried to maintain about 30 s/m and still travel at the rate of 1.50m for every 500 metres. This was impossible however hard and slow i pulled , so I ended up using a stroke rate of about 32/34 s/m.

Next time I have decided the perfect settings in order for me to finish quicker for a 6K are: DAMPER 7 / 30 s/m / maintain 1m 46 sec 500m.
Follow this with a sprint finish and my time should be nearer 21 mins.

It is painful and I was not sure what was hurting the most out of my lungs and my a