CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #1171
Christin Street

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Scott- Massive Shoulder WOD! Then the rowing? What's your damper setting?
I see you're rockin the planks too. I'm trying to incorporate them everyday now.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #1172
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
Curious about how that 1:45 pace compares to your 2K pace. I haven't tried this but figured a paceboat at a 2K pace would be about right.
My 2k PR is 6.47 so my pace would be 1.42/500m, the main idea as its a 'Death By' is to keep going as long as you can keep your 20 seconds above the set amount of metres. 1.45/500m pace means 95m for every 20 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Scott- Massive Shoulder WOD! Then the rowing? What's your damper setting?
I see you're rockin the planks too. I'm trying to incorporate them everyday now.
As they are little sprints my damper was set on 8, 10 is a little to slow to get moving on them. On the shoulder WOD Christin, i regretted the weight chosen when I started the round of 9's but kept on going and it turned out probably to be a good weight.

If you want to try it I believe Patrick has hit on the speed you should go, so whatever your 2000m pace is you should divide it by 4 and have that as your 500m pace setting. Its great fun, although Richard thinks its suicidal
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 11-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #1173
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
My 2k PR is 6.47 so my pace would be 1.42/500m, the main idea as its a 'Death By' is to keep going as long as you can keep your 20 seconds above the set amount of metres. 1.45/500m pace means 95m for every 20 seconds.

If you want to try it I believe Patrick has hit on the speed you should go, so whatever your 2000m pace is you should divide it by 4 and have that as your 500m pace setting. Its great fun, although Richard thinks its suicidal
That was my exact notion on pacing, and it sounds like it would work well. I may try this, but I've got some other more conventional rowing workouts on my to-do list first, then the tabata row. After that, I'll consider this craziness. By then, you should have the bugs worked out.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:54 AM   #1174
Charles Bennington

Profile:

Damn Scott, you're a ****ing rowing machine!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 AM   #1175
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
That was my exact notion on pacing, and it sounds like it would work well. I may try this, but I've got some other more conventional rowing workouts on my to-do list first, then the tabata row. After that, I'll consider this craziness. By then, you should have the bugs worked out.
Next time I do it I will get a picture of the screen pic as it gives you the meters you travelled for every interval, be good to keep that on the log. I decided for a month all my rowing will be tabata style and then when the experiement is finished I will try for my 500/1000/2000 PRs and see how much affect it has had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Damn Scott, you're a ****ing rowing machine!
Thanks Charles , its the masochistic nature of the tabata rowing I enjoy most. I highly recommend the 'Death by tabata Row' , on Kirez's log he made a great demo video of how to set it up, no more stopwatch on the floor.

Just seen he posted this on your log already.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56

Last edited by Scott Jenkins : 11-12-2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Edit: he knows
Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 AM   #1176
Charles Bennington

Profile:

Yeah, I need to get my happy *** to a rower so I can be cool like you, Richard, and Kirez.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #1177
Lance JM Spencer

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: A Bears Tale

Going well my man! i have copied your WOD from Monday...no 50kg shoulder pressing for me just yet, giving it ago as it is a rest day! Looks good!! Ill let you know how I get on....will have to give that Tabata Row beasting ago soon i think, looks like a monster!

Timed:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 rep rounds of:
35kgs Shoulder Press
35kgs Upright Row
Pull-ups

Core WOD untimed:
KTE's 20 reps
2 Minute plank
KTE's 15 reps
1.5 minute plank
KTE's 10 reps
1 minute plank
KTE's 5 reps
Max Plank
Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 AM   #1178
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Yeah, I need to get my happy *** to a rower so I can be cool like you, Richard, and Kirez.
Me too!! I like rowing, just don't have a rower, and I don't care what anyone says, SDHP's are not rowing!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #1179
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Me too!! I like rowing, just don't have a rower, and I don't care what anyone says, SDHP's are not rowing!!!!
No you would definately sink Nik.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #1180
Lance JM Spencer

Profile:
Talking Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
I did not see your log refresh, must of been while I was actually doing some work at work. Great score on the FGB, and its good to see your doing Lynne as RXD, once you get those pull ups the right way you never go back. You must weigh more than me, I had to use 85k on the bench for lynne.

The shoulder press/upright row WOD can also be done with Push press/SDHP, I done the static version to give my back a break.
Na matey, weighing in at 83kgs but wanted to really push myself so stuck 90kgs on there! was great workout!

The Shoulder Press/Upright Row was a killer, i threw some pull-ups in there for good measure....hurting this morning! Started with 35kgs but felt too light. restarted with 40kgs and that was about right for me!

You are the plank king mate, found that really hard!! need to get more of that in my training. think i will do that KTE&Plank WOD every day after whatever else i do. Thanks for that!!

Sunday 30th November....Crossfit meet up?? Track and a beasting??