CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #21
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Well we have ordered some equipment. Trying to get the upfit started and get everything set up. Due to some cost restraints we had to cut back a little but it will still be a really nice place. We were shooting for opening Nov 1st and we should have some equipment and be able to run a few classes by then but look for the Grand opening around the middle of Nov.

******Also I am looking for the guy who came to a couple of the CrossFit workouts at RIMA. If you could shoot me another e-mail since I have lost your e-mail address.******
Old 10-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #22
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Well folks it has finally started. The upfit construction of CrossFit North Carolina is under way. We are located off of discovery dr. in Raleigh right beside SRI shoe warehouse. I sent Lauren some pics and hopefully they will post a few. Depending on the O-lift equipment we should be fully operational NOV 1. Will keep everyone posted for the grand opening event.

If anyone has suggestions on what we can do for a fun grand opening please pass them along. We also should have our website up soon. The URL is www.crossfitnc.com
Old 10-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #23
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Sweet. Keep us posted.

I'm going to do a barbecue/workout/lecture thing on a Saturday for my grand opening. I'll invite some Crossfitters for a workout, invite some of the locals, do a little Crossfit Song & Dance, have a workout, eat some meat.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #24
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
For a grand opening,

have some people do demonstrations of WODs (i.e. some of the laides)

have some challenges (like max pull ups, deadlifts, Handstand walks, Fran, etc),

give away prizes to people who win (t-shirts, free classes, etc.),

Print out the 'What is Fitness' journal and anything else that helps explain CF and have plenty of copies for people to take home.

Set up a TV and play the CF DVD and/or videos of Oly lifting.

Make sure the environment one so that eveyone is 'playing' in the equipment.

Make sure you advertise (flyers, local paper announcement, etc) and get lots of 'word of mouth' going.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #25
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Good suggestions. We are planning on really pumping up the grand opening in the media or as much as we can afford. I like the idea of the give aways. We will be sure to post here first for anyone who is in the area to drop by and check the place out. Keep your fingers crossed the sheetrock should be delivered tomorrow and we can have our painting party on sunday. Anyone who is available please let me know we need all of the help we can get :-)
Old 10-12-2005, 07:16 AM   #26
Graham Singer

Profile:  
Jason "The Milk Man" Culbreth,

Congrats on getting your gym together. I just saw this thread online. I have been trying to get in good enough shape to hang with your BJJ classes. Maybe when I come back to NC, I will be in good enough shape to make it through a class. Congrats again.

Graham
Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #27
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Graham, Just make sure that you study hard get out and make the big bucks as a lawyer so you can take privates and personal training from me :-)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:11 PM   #28
John Velandra

Profile:
When is the Grand Opening??
Old 10-20-2005, 02:17 PM   #29
Jason Steele

Profile:
I'm with Steve H., if there is someone at CF-NC who is a guru with oly lifts, I will drive down (I live in SW VA as well).
Old 10-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #30
Craig Bucher

Profile:
Road Trip!

I'm just down the road from Jason.