CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #11
Jason Barker

Profile:  
I'm in Raleigh as well. Until a few months ago, I was doing WODs in the gym at NCSU. Now that I've finished with school, I haven't found a good gym. Please keep me posted.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:14 AM   #12
Ben Smith

Profile:
How's this coming along? Even though I live two hours away, nothing saying I couldn't trek up there once or twice a month.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:33 AM   #13
Mike McCloud

Profile:
I'm moving to Asheville in Aug to go back to school at Brevard College and study Exercise Science. I have rings and will be willing to drive. I am slowly converting my girlfriend over to crossfit.

Jason C--Gomez says you can't run from him anymore
Old 06-17-2005, 07:19 AM   #14
James Taft

Profile:

Jason C.,

I am surprised you didn't recognize me! It's Jim from Fayetteville. Looks like you guys are moving along with CF NC that's awesome! I am still down at Ft. Benning with the 75th, but when I get back (27th) I will definitely make a trip up your way to do a WOD. Take care man
Old 06-20-2005, 06:57 AM   #15
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
I knew who you were. we are gettting there but the bank thing is just a pain in the a$$. Hopefully we will know more this week.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #16
Steven C. Herndon

Profile:

Jason, keep us posted, I live in Roanoke, Va., a few hours away, but if you are going to have someone with good Oly lift creditials, sounds like Jason D. knows a thing or two, I would like to come down for some coaching. I screwed up my back once and am parinoid of starting without good supervision.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:04 AM   #17
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Ok guys and gals let me give you the latest updates. We are hopefully going to get to sign a lease the first of next week. Once that is done we will begin on the upfit pocess and getting all of the equipment ordered and installed. Building the Mat area for BJJ and geting Doc's Chiro pracitce up and running. Things are getting really exciting. We just got Amber back from her Crossfit cert. and she is totally excited and probably the oly Big Dog we have right now :-) keep your fingers crossed that things go well this week.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #18
Ben Smith

Profile:
Sounds like a bang-up job, Jason, congrats. Again, a couple hours away but happy to help out where I can. I have a feeling I'm going to be piling up the miles on the new bike soon :happy:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9...02wince6iq.jpg
Old 08-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
More of an update. We are still lokoing for a place. We have all of the bank stuff taken care of but the Landlord decided to allow the guy in one of the units to rent the whole building. This after making us wait for 3 weeks on the decision.

So now we are back to square 1 as far as a facility goes. Hopefully we can find a place in the next couple of weeks. If anyone knows of anything in the raleigh area let us know.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #20
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Update of the month. Well we found a new place that we are going to try to see if it will workout economically. This location is up by the 540 where it comes into Triangle Town center. keep your fingers crossed for us. We are past ready to get this thing going.

Also as an FYI a few of us are getting together most saturdays over at NC states track at 7:30 am to do some sprint work and stadium steps. Feel free to come on out. :-)