CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
Kevin Perry

Profile:
I am very pleased with crossfit and the zone/paleo diets as of recently. I had a problem over the past 12 months where I became sick and lost all the strength I had built up from that time and the problems I developed afterwards sent me on a downhill path that eventually got me medically discharged from the Marine Corps. Well being depressed from that I started not caring about my eating habbits and I continued eating untill I hit 170 pounds which is pretty heavy for someone who is 5'5''. As a result I decided enough was enough and I got back on crossfit and the zone. And as of today, I weighed in at 135 pounds and have never felt this much better before. I have regained and even passed the strength from before thanks to the guidelines I have followed here. And though I am not always 100% compliant with the zone Im more than positive that it is to this new way of eating that I have lost the un-needed weight and put on more muscle. It is really a great program especially since I don't feel the need to eat junkfood all the time anymore and im always adding fruits and vegitables out of habbit now to my meals.

Unfortunately I went to hard on the wod from April 27th and I pulled a muscle in my arm so now it's hard to lift it at all. Gotta love crossfit, now to focus on getting better at the wod and keep tweaking the diet to lose the rest of the fat.

(Message edited by k_perry on April 28, 2006)
Old 04-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Rory P. Duane

Profile:
semper fi Kevin, good to see you got back on the right path. remain strong during your current setback and you'll be fine.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Jeff Dale

Profile:
Gaining respect back for yourself is key. Stay positive and keep up the hard work. As you see, it pays off in the end! Keep it up!