CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 AM   #141
Brian Carver

Profile:
Re: Pulled The Trigger...

So I saw a link the other day that someone posted to functionalequipment.com, and their GHD looked to be the same as the one we both have from CFF, except the adjustable foot roller/toe plate part was upside down. So I slid mine off and flipped it upside down, and glute-ham raises are much more comfortable with the toe plate at this angle than previously (angled away at the bottom, now its angled to be closer at the bottom.)

Just something to consider.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #142
Noah Alkinburgh

Profile:
Re: Pulled The Trigger...

Sorry to resurect an old thread but I this is probably the best place to put it. We listened to all your concerns and have made some changes in the design. Darla and Brian we are sending you new upright pieces to replace the originals that you have.

The new design has double pop pins and significantly reduces the amount of movement in the foot plate. The weld also goes completely around instead of only on two sides (frankly not sure how that got past QC the first time around but it did). Here are some photos of the changes. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=63868392272 (wfs)

Two big things we have found on them are:
1) assembling the bottom T upside down. The rubber should be up and the weep holes down.
2) overtightening on the back of the GHD. If you find that the upright is difficult to slide back off the bolts in the back starting a 1/4 turn at a time. Usually about 1 turn less and it starts sliding fairly well.

We have improved the packaging to avoid the chipping and all of the hardware is getting bagged in heavy bags now. On the next revision I think we are going to do the hardware on a cardboard heat shrink setup.

Oh the footplate is designed to flip, one way is for GHR and one way for situps. It helps position your feet correctly.

Thanks for the feedback...as you can see we take it seriously.

Noah

Last edited by Noah Alkinburgh : 10-04-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo