CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
John C. Brown

Profile:
Personal defense network

Hello all, I just wanted to take a second an ask all of you to go check out my first article over at:http://www.personaldefensenetwork.co...ional-fitness/ (WFS, at least this article, some of the content in other articles speak to defensive firearms use). There will be more to follow. Please send critiques (since this is the CrossFit community, I am sure that there will be lots).
Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:
Re: Personal defense network

John,

I thought the article was excellent. There's a picture on the homepage associated with the article showing your subject with a rolled back, that's kind of not good. The article was good especially in that it was balanced and didn't drink deeply from the kool aid. (Fine for me, but I'm not the full extent of your audience) It described functional fitness without relying on the CF definition which is limited until one experiences what it means. Deadlifts may be the most functional of lifts and are a good place to start. I would send my friends toward that site if they were shooters but not fitness guys. It's a good start.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
John C. Brown

Profile:
Re: Personal defense network

Robert,

thanks for the heads up on that other pic... that was the "DON'T DO IT THIS WAY DUMMY" picture, but not being fitness people themselves, I am guessing that they didn't know. I will try to sort that out.

There will be a big push between this site and SWAT magazine TV for CrossFit style fitness programs for shooters, exec protect guys and mil/ leo. It helps having friends with TV shows...
Thanks for the critique.