CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #171
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Sunday 18th May

Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 mins of:
95lb Clean & Jerk
400m - 6 Rounds, 15 C&J, 180 Metres

This one is definately up there with the most painful WOD's, had to break the C&J's up into 10/5 after the first two rounds!!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 05-18-2008, 05:29 AM   #172
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Sunday 18th May

Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 mins of:
95lb Clean & Jerk
400m - 6 Rounds, 15 C&J, 180 Metres

This one is definately up there with the most painful WOD's, had to break the C&J's up into 10/5 after the first two rounds!!!
I knew this one was going to hurt. Good performance mate.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #173
Kirez Reynolds

Profile:

I think this is changing my experience of crossfit -- reading your guys' times before I do the workout. No more skipping into a workout with the carefree (clueless) innocence of a child. :/

I was thinking of it as comparable to Nicole, but that underestimates the C&Js I guess.

I like the fact we do the C&J before the run -- when we did the hang power snatch & 400m workout, I modified it that way - snatches first.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 AM   #174
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirez Reynolds View Post
I think this is changing my experience of crossfit -- reading your guys' times before I do the workout. No more skipping into a workout with the carefree (clueless) innocence of a child. :/

I was thinking of it as comparable to Nicole, but that underestimates the C&Js I guess.

I like the fact we do the C&J before the run -- when we did the hang power snatch & 400m workout, I modified it that way - snatches first.
Kirez: This is nothing like Nicole, the C&J gives your breathing no rest at all. In the end my 400m times were slower than the pace i run a 5k at!!! Looking forward to seeing how you fair with this one.

Richard: Either i had a bad day with this one, or it is a total *** kicker! I will find out when i see your score!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 05-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #175
Kirez Reynolds

Profile:

Scott, did you check out the main page comments for this WOD? Yours is clearly one of the top scores, if not THE top score. I didn't read all of them, but -- I saw Eric Brandom posted his results, IIRC it was 6 rounds, 15 C&J and about 4 strides... so you beat him. I've only beat Eric maybe twice out of about 40 workouts; he's phenomenal.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:30 AM   #176
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Monday 19th May 2008

WOD
75 Push ups
50 Sumo Deadlift HP (95lb)
50 Ring Dips
30 Pull-ups weighted (45lb)
25 HSPU's - 32.39.
Took 10 minutes for the first three.
8 minutes for the weighted PU's mostly done in sets of three
14 minutes for the HSPU's. Usually much better at these but the rest of the workout took its toll.

PANDORA By Kirez
10 rounds of : 50m Sprint / 10 Push ups - 3.48.53
Pushups really suffered after the WOD before. Well done Richard you win that one.

Kirez: Yes i had a look through and noticed most people got about 3-4 rounds so was pleased with the result. My Cleans were Power Cleans though which would have saved time against anyone doing Squat Cleans.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:01 AM   #177
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
Monday 19th May 2008

WOD
75 Push ups
50 Sumo Deadlift HP (95lb)
50 Ring Dips
30 Pull-ups weighted (45lb)
25 HSPU's - 32.39.
Took 10 minutes for the first three.
8 minutes for the weighted PU's mostly done in sets of three
14 minutes for the HSPU's. Usually much better at these but the rest of the workout took its toll.

PANDORA By Kirez
10 rounds of : 50m Sprint / 10 Push ups - 3.48.53
Pushups really suffered after the WOD before. Well done Richard you win that one.

Kirez: Yes i had a look through and noticed most people got about 3-4 rounds so was pleased with the result. My Cleans were Power Cleans though which would have saved time against anyone doing Squat Cleans.
This WOD seems really tough. 32 minutes, I'm sure the HSPU's will knock me out at the end as well. Good job Scott.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #178
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Tuesday 20th May 2008

AMRAP Pull ups Kipping - 26 PR by 1
AMRAP Pull ups DH - 15 PR
TABATA PULL U'S - 14/9/9/8/8/8/8/8 = 72 PR. Well done Richard i was chasing your 81 today

WOD
Row 1,000m
25 Burpees
Row 750m
50 Burpees
Row 500m
75 Burpees for time = 23.32
Very happy with this as i put absolutely everything into it and it should be very hard to beat so good luck!! All Burpees were textbook jump through the heals.
I looked up Eric Brandoms time and went after it - 22.18. Yes Kirez he certainly is a monster.

Last edited by Scott Jenkins : 05-20-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add kipping
Old 05-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #179
Dominic Beardwell

Profile:

Quote:
Hello Dominic , I train in Chelmsford (where i live) which is about 10 miles north of London. I noticed you have an affiliate in Manchester which must be fantastic. I have to train at Fitness First(globo). From what i remember you have some very impressive numbers on your OHS and most of the big lifts.

I am going to Crossfit London on May 28th for a ring training seminar. Unfortunately they do not have a regular gym but just run occasional courses. I would be very interested to know how things are done at Crossfit Manchester and how popular it is etc. Thanks for dropping in mate.
Hi Scott,

Apols for late reply, been in Greece for the last week. I know Chelmsford, I grew up in Ipswich so had a few nights out there when I was a nipper

Yep, I train up at the affiliate here in Manchester about 3-4 times per week. Its a fantastic gym, no machines, just racks, rowers and pull up bars plus what you would expect from a Crossfit Gym, kettlebells, dumbells, medicine balls etc. Its run by Mark Beck and Karl Steadman and they have about 80 of us signed up to do exclusively crossfit (The gym doesnt do anything else). They have been really successful and I think this has been achieved by the sense of community they have at the gym and the mix of people who are of all ages and abilities. We all get fitter faster and stronger together. Theres a lot of and a lot of so its great

OHS, yeah, I like that one, got to get to 15 at bodyweight before Richard!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:49 AM   #180
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Hope you had a nice break/holiday to Greece Dominic, I will be going to the Greek island of Kos in three weeks so looking forward to that.

You have no idea of how jealous i am of your setup in Manchester. At the 'Health Club' i train at (its not what i call a gym), we have one Squat rack in a small weights area that gets very crowded. Dumping the bar is an absolute NO as not only is there no bumper plates, we have a concrete floor and probably two people standing directly behind you doing DB curls or on their phones!! My nearest Crossfit gym is Brighton which is 2 hours drive away.

Anyway im going to try and join you and Richard in the OHS race, but seeing as i cannot dump im going to go for the reps before the weight. In other words when i can do 65K for 15 reps , then i move up to 67.5K, this way dumping is not so much of an issue.

PS, Im not a massive follower of football but I am an Ipswich Town supporter.