CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Albert Carr

Profile:
Any suggestions for my goals?

Hello all, I just wanted some suggestions for my new goals ahead. I have been crossfitting for approx. six months now and I love it. I have being doing the WOD's as prescribed and have had much success. I want to start training for endurance runs. Initially I would like to run 5k's then 10k's and would like to be ready for a local 15 miler approx. 1 yr from now. I have already shed from 180 to 165 and do not want to lose any more mass if possible. My diet is clean and I am very lean. How can I incorporate runs into my WOD's without overdoing it? I have only been doing runs when prescribed. Also, what type of dietary changes will I need to make if I start adding in extra runs weekly. I appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has been there and done that. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
James Hull

Profile:
Re: Any suggestions for my goals?

First and foremost, I recommend searching the forum for 'running', 'endurance', or 'marathon', there is a lot of good information in these boards.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but training for long distance will affect some of your general physical preparedness. Training solely for long distance running will eventually decrease upper body strength and explosive strength in general.

now, my completely unqualified response would be to try it. Try mixing running with crossfit, like once a week, drop a WOD and do a 5 mile run. Working your way up to your target of 15 miles. Or maybe drop two WODs and do two runs.