CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
Bryan Edge

Profile:
OK, so I couldn't resist posting this PR: Deadlift 335LBS (BW: 172, Height: 5' 10.5", BF: ~10%).

I went for 345 (2x bodyweight!) but failed -- twice. Maybe next time. I still left the gym a happy camper.

I also posted a little more 'testimonial to CF' on my MSN Spaces blog, for those interested.

http://vaikanen.spaces.live.com
Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
William Winger

Profile:
I read through your blog real quick, nice writing. I touch strong in the emotions department for me, but I'm a 'chill'er than average person.

Anyway, I look forward eagerly to making the progress you've made with Crossfit, and commend you for your commitment in the face of your growing (literally) time constraints.

Oh, and about WoW, I don't play it, and don't know anyone personally who does, but it is supposedly ridiculously addictive. It's affectionately referred to as 'Warcrack' within the gaming community. I'm not saying you're wrong about the supposed widespread addiction being a load of bull, but for a few individuals it is a really serious matter. Last year at my university there was an intervention held by a dean because a girl in his college was spending almost all her time on WoW.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Awesome work, Bryan. I like the deadlift as a true test of strength because there aren't many factors involved in knowing whether it was legit or not ... either you pick it up or you don't!

You'll nail 345 next round!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
Bryan Edge

Profile:
Thanks for the kind words guys. :-)

It's odd, really - I had never deadlifted *ever* before coming to Crossfit... and I have to admit, I think it's become my favorite lift -- very possibly because of the exact reason you cited, Anthony. It's also a lift I've been hitting PR's on fairly regularly -- now if I could just do that with pullups...

William -- as for WoW (one of my other blog posts)-- bear in mind I'm woefully biased. I'm a gamer, after all. :-) I think the game can be addictive, yes -- but I don't know that it can be truly called an addiction in the same vein as nicotine, drugs and alcohol.

Anyway, thanks folks! :-)
Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Strong work, Bryan!