CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Fred Pimental

Profile:
Level I Cert

hello - i am a newbie to CF but i would like to take the Level I cert, but they are all sold out.

Anyone have any ideas when more will be scheduled and posted?

Not sure if this is the right category to post this thread.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Ian Carver

Profile:
Re: Level I Cert

Welcom, Fred. YOu have to jump on them literally the moment they are posted on the main CF site. They routinely update and add new dates, so keep checking. If you find one close by, or if it doesn't matter where it's at, commit to it with a deposit and get on it right away. They sell out in a matter of a day or two. HQ does not reserve a "substitute list" so there are no last minute fill in's for cancellations. They are worth the wait, but they go quick, so if you see one, get on it. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
Tom Nguyen

Profile:

Curious how many people go to the Certs are interested in training others one day versus the people that go just for fun/for your own knowledge?

I have no interest in ever opening a affiliiate or training others - would the certs still be worthwhile?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
Craig Sheley

Profile:

Tom, when I went to the cert I was unsure whether I'd ever coach others, still am. They did ask, and easily 3/4 of the people there intended to teach others in the future, the rest of us were there for our own education. Coach Glassman himself said at the start that your not going to see anything that you could not find online. It's a personal choice. If you have others to work with, maybe an affiliate to get classes at once in a while, and are motivated to dig through the site and use all the great free advice, then your money may be better spent on gear, on affiliate classes, or better yet, in the bank. I think the one on one training was great, but in hind site, $1,000 worth of classes and coaching with an affiliate goes a long way. Conversely, I am going to the basic barbell cert next month and looking forward to it, so take my advice for what its worth. I figure that with all the free info we get as crossfitters, its hard to go wrong spending money for education once in a while. Hope that helps.