CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Shawn Bellon

Profile:
Glassman: Good for Crossfit?

Reading some comments and interviews I have wondered if Glassman is good for CrossFit from a pr standpoint. He has said some pretty brash things that really in my view doesn't make him any better than the next guy...it makes him the next guy.

This article addresses SOME things. I am not sure how unbiased it really is. I saw it as being somewhat passive aggressive in nature. I certainly thing there were generalizations from the writers "experience" while not doing enough research. I did however wonder about alot of Glassman's quotes.

Look it over and tell me what you think. The link is from T-Nation so yes that does lend itself to criticism already. It is NOT work safe.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Glassman: Good for Crossfit?

Hella old article, man.

That being said, there is a reason he isn't in the limelight as much anymore. Whether he's too busy or CFHQ would rather use others as CF personas is up to debate.

Generally when ppl talk BS, most politicians will try to cover up that fiasco. In time it dies down luckily. Can we remember a lot of the things Herman Cain said last year...not likely or Sarah Palin...etc, etc.

I used to get excited when I watched his lectures. After meeting him, I was less so especially when he walked in late from going out to lunch and we had to start the seminar back up. Primadonna BS. I know people like to go out for lunch during seminars, but ****ing eh man. Yep, him and his crew came in late while most of the rest of us were ready to go. To be honest, most of his crew were mainly there to watch. He did give a few pointers on rings showing a FL. I did try to flirt with Nicole Carroll. Then again, I wasn't the only one.

The way he has treated some of the former SME has ****ed me off, some of them were people I look up to and other were friends. Meh.

Fortunately, at the ground level many people don't know who he is nor care. Oh, he created CF? That's nice. Have you seen Rich Froning or Annie T?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Donald Lee

Profile:

That article was talked about here:

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...=chris+shugart (WFS)

Greg Glassman and I think even Chris Shugart commented in the thread.

Generally, criticism of Greg Glassman and CrossFit isn't tolerated on this board. Those threads are usually locked, end up in Pukie's Bucket, or disappear. The censorship is way down from past levels though. I reckon part of it has to do with the lack of controversies nowadays.

Last edited by Donald Lee; 07-19-2012 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Shawn Bellon

Profile:

Well if just what I proposed is enough to have the thread removed that is unfortunate. I am wondering what people think personally about all of the criticism. As I stated the article in my mind was biased.

I think Louie Simmons is a little off at times but that doesn't mean I think Westside is junk.

Anyway, alot of this is new to me personally. Somethings I filter as bs, some things I question and some things I shake my head. Does that make me dislike CrossFit? No freaking way. Just postulating and questioning based on alot of criticism from others while I think people are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
SP

Profile:  

I haven't met Glassman in person, so I will reserve judgement until I meet him, if I ever do.