CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Jason Vinson
Member Jason Vinson is offline
 
Jason Vinson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fayetteville  AR
Posts: 34
anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

wondering what way people keep track of workouts? i would like to see how i improve on certain WODs buts its hard to flip through pages to see the last time you did the same WOD? was wondering if there are any Apps out there that people are using to make this easier? i found this one, not sure how it is? anyone use it before?

work and family safe
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

also found this one and looking at it now, not sure it will be able to be used for crossfit though, seems to be more for body building

work and family safe
https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Michael Loucas
Member Michael Loucas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fairfield  NJ
Posts: 1,373
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

I workout with a couple people, and we use google spreadsheets that way we can all look at and update our times and compare them. Attached is a picture of what our spreadsheet looks like. This can be accessed from the PC or any android phone. Or anything that can access google apps for that matter so probably most smart phones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8-24-2011 12-08-13 PM.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	8257  

Last edited by Michael Loucas; 08-24-2011 at 09:35 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Nalin Prabhu
Member Nalin Prabhu is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Troy  OH
Posts: 562
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

Do I even want to know what 'g a y' on 110826 means??
__________________
5'9"/ 175lb/ 31yrs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Michael Loucas
Member Michael Loucas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fairfield  NJ
Posts: 1,373
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin Prabhu View Post
Do I even want to know what 'g a y' on 110826 means??
Lol, I didn't notice that until just now. I put power cleans in for that day and I guess my friend didn't want to do it so he wrote g a y in place of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
Nathan Chmura
Affiliate Nathan Chmura is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington  CT
Posts: 41
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

I went through a bunch of fitness tracking apps and ended up with the CrossFit PR one you linked above. I like it a lot.

It is easy to use and it makes it easy to see/manage PRs and benchmark wods.

However, a few minor downfalls:

1) Non-"named" wods kinda get lost in the mix. For example, if you repeat a non-CrossFit benchmark wod, you can't search for it or pull it up all that easily to compare.

2) It has a nice RSS feed option so you can load up todays wod right in the app (granted your gym posts them). This is cool, but it does not allow you to copy and paste (or automatically transfer) the wod into your wod calendar. I end up going to the website in a browser and copying it from there.

However, both are minor complaints really, I do really like the app! Worth the $2.
__________________
CrossFit Nor'Easter, Hartford, CT
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Jason Vinson
Member Jason Vinson is offline
 
Jason Vinson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fayetteville  AR
Posts: 34
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Chmura View Post
I went through a bunch of fitness tracking apps and ended up with the CrossFit PR one you linked above. I like it a lot.

It is easy to use and it makes it easy to see/manage PRs and benchmark wods.

However, a few minor downfalls:

1) Non-"named" wods kinda get lost in the mix. For example, if you repeat a non-CrossFit benchmark wod, you can't search for it or pull it up all that easily to compare.

2) It has a nice RSS feed option so you can load up todays wod right in the app (granted your gym posts them). This is cool, but it does not allow you to copy and paste (or automatically transfer) the wod into your wod calendar. I end up going to the website in a browser and copying it from there.

However, both are minor complaints really, I do really like the app! Worth the $2.
well having the named WODs is bettere then the notebook way im doing it now... might be able to request the custome workouts being searchable to be put in an update!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
Nathan Chmura
Affiliate Nathan Chmura is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington  CT
Posts: 41
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Vinson View Post
might be able to request the custome workouts being searchable to be put in an update!
The good news is that you can enter custom wods, but they don't track the same way as the benchmarks (as in listed with most recent time beneath it).

I will be requesting the same feature...
__________________
CrossFit Nor'Easter, Hartford, CT
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Scott Roberts
Member Scott Roberts is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Luis Obispo  CA
Posts: 68
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

This Crossfit PR app looks good I am going to wait for some more development though. Does it have workouts like 300 and Filthy Fifty?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Ronnie Boose
Member Ronnie Boose is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Santa Cruz  ca
Posts: 129
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

Fitview is a web based app that does all that. Can be accessed on any tablet using the most current browser. Tracks benchmarks and custom workouts. It was designed with the professional coach in mind but can be used as a stand alone system also. It is version 1.1 but a new update is on it's way.
You can try it our for free at Fitview.com.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
Jason Vinson
Member Jason Vinson is offline
 
Jason Vinson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fayetteville  AR
Posts: 34
Re: anyone use an Android app instead of notebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Boose View Post
Fitview is a web based app that does all that. Can be accessed on any tablet using the most current browser. Tracks benchmarks and custom workouts. It was designed with the professional coach in mind but can be used as a stand alone system also. It is version 1.1 but a new update is on it's way.
You can try it our for free at Fitview.com.
says something about a free trial? does it cost money? looks pretty cool!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Android app for calculator you rep max Henning Danielsen Equipment 4 02-25-2011 02:00 PM
Android app interest John T Myers Equipment 14 01-06-2011 05:37 AM
Zone Diet & Crossfit Android/iPhone App Andrew Chao Community 1 10-31-2010 09:25 AM
Tabata Timer app for T-Mobile G1 (Google Android phone) Rich Sarcomo Equipment 5 07-23-2009 12:31 PM
My Notebook Warren C Ellison Workout Logs 17 07-02-2009 05:19 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 AM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.