CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #811
Eric Doolittle

Profile:
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix Clark View Post
Next question - what are some of the (funny) reasons you've broken up with someone?

I got to the stage with one BF where the way he breathed (in and out and in out - it was neverending) really started to irritate me. I knew then that it was time to go our separate ways...
Isn't breathing by definition neverending? I mean if it ends you're sort of dead...

Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #812
Renee Lee

Profile:

so you need somebody that doesn't breathe, alix? good luck with that!

as is standard for me and this thread...my latest epic story of dating failure:

so the guy i was fwb with last summer was very inconsistent and vague with what our status was and where it was going. he'd refer to himself as my bf one day, then talk about how he really didn't want a commitment right now. He dropped the L word at one point, he was all over the place. I stuck in my world of fwb lest i'd get my heart broken.

he tells me over AIM that we're through because he doesn't want to wind up hurting me, etc, but that we should stay friends. okay, fine...that's cool.

next thing i know, he's DATING a girl that looks exactly like me. seriously. same height, body type, hair color, glasses. we're eerily similar, to the point that my sister couldn't distinguish between the two of us in a kickboxing video.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #813
Scott Moore.

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
so you need somebody that doesn't breathe, alix? good luck with that!

as is standard for me and this thread...my latest epic story of dating failure:

so the guy i was fwb with last summer was very inconsistent and vague with what our status was and where it was going. he'd refer to himself as my bf one day, then talk about how he really didn't want a commitment right now. He dropped the L word at one point, he was all over the place. I stuck in my world of fwb lest i'd get my heart broken.

he tells me over AIM that we're through because he doesn't want to wind up hurting me, etc, but that we should stay friends. okay, fine...that's cool.

next thing i know, he's DATING a girl that looks exactly like me. seriously. same height, body type, hair color, glasses. we're eerily similar, to the point that my sister couldn't distinguish between the two of us in a kickboxing video.
That's pretty odd does she crossfit to?

I had a girl I was dating in college tell me that she could no longer date me because I was pro-choice and she was pro-life. I understand now that differences in belief such as those can be a big issue as far as a relationship goes...but at the time I was lie...wtf?
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36

Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #814
Alix Clark

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Doolittle View Post
Isn't breathing by definition neverending? I mean if it ends you're sort of dead...

Um, yeah, that's I why I had to break up with him. He couldn't stop breathing and I didn't want him dead!

No Renee, it was just HIS breathing. I'm not opposed to breathing as a concept. It seems to work quite well.

I got dumped a couple years ago by a guy cos I didn't want to have kids. He was 40 at the time and I figured if he'd wanted them he would have had them by then. He said he wanted to date someone my age (35 at the time) and didn't want to rush into the kids thing but that no kids was a deal breaker for him. Fair enough although I did think that any 35yo woman who wanted kids wouldn't want to wait around too long to make that happen. I heard from a mutual friend a couple of months later that he was dating someone and that they were expecting a baby. I did the countback maths and he must have either impregnated her the day after he dumped me (most generous scenario) or about two weeks earlier - ie while we were dating. Nice. And oh, good one on not rushing into anything - hope that works out for you!!

Dumped the last BF cos I got home from the gym (Michael as RX'd) to discover that he had gone through my personal email, my work email and my mobile phone while I was out. Thought he had found evidence of an affair. Nope. And then wanted me to ask him for forgiveness. Um, not going to happen. Please leave now.

Good times kids, good times!

Last edited by Alix Clark; 04-29-2009 at 11:27 PM..

Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #815
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moore View Post
That's pretty odd does she CrossFit to?

I had a girl I was dating in college tell me that she could no longer date me because I was pro-choice and she was pro-life. I understand now that differences in belief such as those can be a big issue as far as a relationship goes...but at the time I was lie...wtf?
no, she doesn't crossfit, nor does he...but he met her at his kickboxing gym. i was the first girl he'd been with that was a) taller than him and b) chubby. (he told me this a month into the relationship) his usual type is skinny fat chicks.

so him going from one tall fat chick to another was totally messed up. (at least i think so)

good news is: i deserve way better than him, and he told me about crossfit...so hurray!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #816
Jay Ticer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
it's really not that hard. there are seven of them and they're mostly emotions:

happy, sneezy, dopey, grumpy, bashful, doc and sleepy.

not hard, guys. even if you've only seen the movie once as a kid...you should be able to get it.
You forgot the two no one talks about, Sleazy and Scruffy.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #817
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Quote:
Dumped the last BF cos I got home from the gym (Michael as RX'd) to discover that he had gone through my personal email, my work email and my mobile phone while I was out. Thought he had found evidence of an affair. Nope. And then wanted me to ask him for forgiveness. Um, not going to happen. Please leave now.

Good times kids, good times!
Can you guess what my favorite part of this story is? LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #818
Brian Bedell

Profile:

I had to break up with a girl once b/c I found out she was a high priced call girl. She only had one customer who would fly her somewhere once or twice a year for about 2K, but also sent her money and gifts between "visits." Took me well over a year to discover this.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #819
Dave Matteson

Profile:

Quote:
Next question - what are some of the (funny) reasons you've broken up with someone?

I got to the stage with one BF where the way he breathed (in and out and in out - it was neverending) really started to irritate me. I knew then that it was time to go our separate ways...
I broke up with a girl after she got extremely mad at me because I wouldn't acknowledge our relationship on Facebook (because that makes it "real"). Apparently there were no "real" relationships before 2004.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 AM   #820
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Matteson View Post
I broke up with a girl after she got extremely mad at me because I wouldn't acknowledge our relationship on Facebook (because that makes it "real"). Apparently there were no "real" relationships before 2004.
i dunno...i'd want to flaunt my relationship status on facebook. i mean...a real status, not being married to my best friend (yes, i was one of THOSE girls. she broke up with me so she could put up her real status)

but if he were that against it, i don't think i'd care all that much. why wouldn't you accept the request, dave?

Closed Thread