CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #551
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

I thought you were trying to meet guys at the weightlifting club?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #552
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Yeah, how's that going?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #553
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Personally, I would never let a girl pay on the first date nor walk alone to her car. Guys are dumb, I do pretty well with the ladies, but I never contribute this good fortune to anything I am doing right, but to the 95% of guys that are doing stuff wrong. The stories I hear from girls are amazing.

Sometimes I just like to be the "fly on the wall" and listen to my gf talk with a bunch of her girls about guys, it's hilarious.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #554
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Brian, do tell.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #555
Lauren Hall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
I thought you were trying to meet guys at the weightlifting club?
Well, our "club" so far consists of three of us. The last time I went there was one dude (who isn't really my type) and a woman (who also, incidentally, isn't my type ).

I'll just have to keep working on my snatch until the right guy comes along.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #556
Renee Lee

Profile:

i don't have any internet dating horror stories, but i have some pretty epically bad regular dating stories. (i'm sorry if i've already posted this here...it's been a long thread). People like to stand me up...every date i've had for the last couple years (this isn't that many, actually...probably only 4ish) i've been stood up.

My current favorite story is from last april: I'm a yankees fan in boston...it sucks sometimes, but my friends and i generally have a good sense of humor about it. I'd met this guy that lives on Cape Cod (read: ~an hour away from me) through my best friend. We decided that we'd get some dinner together and then watch the first Yankees/Red Sox game together at his place and stay the night so i didn't have to drive over an hour home at midnight (bow chicka bow wow). The game was probably starting at 7:00, and he didn't get out of work until 5:00, so i drive down after i get out of class (around 3?) and text him as soon as i get on cape, just to let him know. No response...

5:00 comes and goes...no text...no phone call...
6:00 comes and goes...no text...no phone call...
the game starts...no text...no phone call...
9:00 i finally get a text that says, "i just got out of work, sorry...i'll ttyl"

i'm sorry, what?! i drive over an hour to hang out with you and watch the game with you and you wait 4 hours after we were supposed to meet up to let me know you're running late...really?

luckily, i was expecting to get stood up and installed a safety net in case this happened. a friend from college also lives on the cape, and he hadn't been home to visit his parents in a while. i offered to drive him and made sure i could crash if this dude bailed.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #557
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Jamie, especially a bunch of dancers talking about customers from the night before is fully hilarious.

I'll share. One of my horror stories actually has me on the horror giving side! On one of my first dates I went out on after my ex-wife left me, my ex-w started blowing up my phone. I ignored it. I finally had to answer it and she was nuts, talking suicide and all this shizzle. (she was a lil' crazy by the way). All of this is all just seeking attention. So, once a girl starts talking suicide, etc. I have to do something. Needless to say, it totally ruined my date and I had to take the girl home early. Imagine if you are my date and I'm on the phone with this suicidal loon and then I'm like "oh sorry, need to take you home." ugh!!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #558
Jimi Miller

Profile:

What the heck Renee, that is awful. Best to learn the guy is a jerk early I suppose.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #559
Renee Lee

Profile:

oh! another good one...the most recent actually...

this guy and i had been talking for years, but our schedules are practically exact opposites, so meeting up was always hard. eventually i was like, "**** it...i'm gonna make you breakfast tomorrow morning. bacon, eggs, waffles (i wasn't going to eat the waffles). can you be at my house at 10?" i even went out and bought this man whipped cream and strawberries for his waffles!!!

so i'm puttering around the kitchen at 9:30, cleaning, cutting the fruit, getting stuff ready, pre-mixing the batter...and he's a no show at 10:00. i say, "eh, 10's a little early...maybe he thought i meant 'leave his house at 10,' i'll give him a half hour..."

nope. 11:00 and a few unanswered phone calls, still nothing.

now...i accidentally made twice the amt. of batter that i'd intended to, and i had no intention of throwing my diet completely out the window, so i had to call my sister and her fiance over to eat the waffles. lol

i didn't hear from him until about 4:00, when he apologized profusely for oversleeping on his way to work....

what man turns down free food? free BACON?!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #560
Brian Bedell

Profile:

That stinks Renee! But you know, you are supposed to make breakfast AFTER, not before! lol

Closed Thread