CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #51
Richard Allen Pagel

Profile:
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Well, if someone has a bar racked in the squat station and is hanging off the bar texting, instead of lifting - it takes him or her longer to complete the sets they are working on. That means I am waiting for the equipment longer. Which means I dont get my excercises done as fast as I would like. Which is a peeve of mine. Didnt think that one would require an explanation.....
When weights get heavy you need several minutes in between sets. No reason not to text if you want.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #52
Morgan McGaha

Profile:

The most idiotic thing that people have been asking me since I was born is "Since you have webbed feet, you must be really good at swimming, right?"
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #53
Charles Applin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan McGaha View Post
The most idiotic thing that people have been asking me since I was born is "Since you have webbed feet, you must be really good at swimming, right?"
Since you have webbed feet, vff must really hurt.

On topic, I don't have a biggest pet peeve any more than I have a favorite band or best movie. However:

1. People saying "Oh, your wife's Japanese, that's why you can speak so well". Yeah, cause those thousand+ hours of studying had nothing to do with it. Everybody married to a "insert language besides English" speaking spouse speaks it fluently themselves.

2. People saying "Good Luck" when it comes to something skill related. I understand they mean well and nothing more beyond that. Hence, it's a mental thing on my part.

3. People replying after I'm giving advice on fitness "But I don't want to bulk up". Well gee, there's your problem. You're asking for advice when it's obvious you know it all already.

4. If I have a big pet peeve though, it's bullies of any sort. These can be physical, mental or positional bullies. Anybody in a position of power should make effort to use that position to help others, not hammer them down.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #54
Michael Ricketts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Fernandez View Post
I hate with every fiber of my being..when men think because Im 5'5" and a woman, that I am weak, helpless or incapable of doing such things as lifting a heavy garbage bag, "Can I get that for you sweetie?" "Dont hurt yourself honey" ughhhhh
I get that those statements are very condescending, but if I didnít offer to help (respectfully of course) I would spend the rest of the day looking over my shoulder to see if my grandma was gonna appear and box my ears for not "being a gentleman."

My pet peeve, "You lived in Okinawa? So you must speak Japanese?" or if you ask my new supervisor "You lived in Okinawa? You survived living with the commies?" (He is dead serious...)
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #55
Steven Chicoine

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Well, if someone has a bar racked in the squat station and is hanging off the bar texting, instead of lifting - it takes him or her longer to complete the sets they are working on. That means I am waiting for the equipment longer. Which means I dont get my excercises done as fast as I would like. Which is a peeve of mine. Didnt think that one would require an explanation.....

Liz - excellent multi-use post there!
I do that all the time. I have to rest 5-10 min between sets of heavy squats. I might as well text.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #56
Morgan McGaha

Profile:

Bro's doing barbell curls in the squat rack and situps on the GHR bench. I want to punch them in the face.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #57
Shane Skowron

Profile:

There are really only two things that really, really bother me.

- When someone is walking in a public place and they stop for no urgent reason and hold up foot traffic. Usually it's to check their phone. If you're not walking, get out of the way.

- I have misophonia so anything like gum popping, loud chewing, finger-licking, etc. and I'll have to leave the room.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #58
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Fernandez View Post
I hate with every fiber of my being..when men think because Im 5'5" and a woman, that I am weak, helpless or incapable of doing such things as lifting a heavy garbage bag, "Can I get that for you sweetie?" "Dont hurt yourself honey" ughhhhh
It would just be awkward if they called you sweetie or honey without an excuse.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #59
Jason Wallis

Profile:

My new one, since we just got 3 inches of snow...
People who act like 3 inches of snow is a natural disasteron par with earthquakes and hurricaines. Perhaps we should call in the National Guard.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #60
Amanda Henry

Profile:

I am 5'1". My Husband is 6'6".

"How does that WORK?"

HATE.