CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
Jonathan Vechet

Profile:
Re: Zombie training 101 w/ CrossFit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan McGaha View Post
You guys are forgetting that in EVERY zombie movie, the most trained people die first. So, what am I saying here? Be unprepared. Be very unprepared. In fact, try your best to unlearn anything useful you have learned and be totally out of shape. That way, the zombies will kill all the military, police, prepared citizens and crossfitters before you.

Thank me later.
The meek shall inherit the Earth because the strong will die trying protect them.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
Peter Queen

Profile:

Quote:
You guys are forgetting that in EVERY zombie movie, the most trained people die first. So, what am I saying here? Be unprepared. Be very unprepared. In fact, try your best to unlearn anything useful you have learned and be totally out of shape. That way, the zombies will kill all the military, police, prepared citizens and crossfitters before you.

Thank me later.
Uuuummm, yeah! Good luck applying that theory! They are the ones that never listen to the Heroes and Heroines. I would prefer not to be a fat, slow juicy morsel. If I am to be eaten, I want them to work hard for it first. At least stay alive long enough (hopefully) for reinforcements to show up. Like the one thread says: TABATA Everythng!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Vechet
The meek shall inherit the Earth because the strong will die trying protect them.
Hey, if my family survives, then it's all good.

Last edited by Peter Queen; 01-12-2011 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
Morgan McGaha

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Queen View Post
Uuuummm, yeah! Good luck applying that theory! They are the ones that never listen to the Heroes and Heroines. I would prefer not to be a fat, slow juicy morsel. If I am to be eaten, I want them to work hard for it first. At least stay alive long enough (hopefully) for reinforcements to show up. Like the one thread says: TABATA Everythng!!

Hey, if my family survives, then it's all good.
I assume you didnt catch the sarcasm in my post.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
James A Stevens

Profile:

Quote:

Thank me later.
Got to say I like the rules in the movie Zombieland - words to live by in a zombie apocalypse! This website gives a good list (http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_16631.html) wfs.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #15
Morgan McGaha

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James A Stevens View Post
Got to say I like the rules in the movie Zombieland - words to live by in a zombie apocalypse! This website gives a good list (http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_16631.html) wfs.
Im diggin that link.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #16
Peter Queen

Profile:

Quote:
I assume you didnt catch the sarcasm in my post.
Morgan, itís all good. I knew you were just kidding; otherwise you would not be on a site like this in the first place. I was just giving you a retort in the spirit of good humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James A Stevens View Post
Zombieland, great movie. I have that one also.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
Michael Ricketts

Profile:

So I always have to ask my fellow Zombie Aficionados... what are your thoughts? Will the Zombies be Fast (think 28 days later) or slow? (Romero style)

Last edited by Michael Ricketts; 01-15-2011 at 11:41 AM..
Old 01-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #18
Morgan McGaha

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ricketts View Post
So I always have to ask my fellow Zombie Aficionados... what are your thoughts? Will the Zombies be Fast (think 28 days later) or slow? (Romero style)
Probably a mixture of both. It will depend on their state of decay. I think at first their will be faster zombies, then as time goes on, it will be more Romero-esque. Plus, consider that 1/3 of the population of America is overweight or obese. So, unless you get stuck in a country with really skinny people, the average zombie is gonna be fat and slow. That's my take on it.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #19
John B Gardner

Profile:

I don't want to wait until the apocalypse. I want zombies in my basement right now--great motivation to finally hit that muscle up!

As for speed, I think only the Crossfit zombies will be really dangerous.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #20
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Probably a mixture of both. It will depend on their state of decay. I think at first their will be faster zombies, then as time goes on, it will be more Romero-esque. Plus, consider that 1/3 of the population of America is overweight or obese. So, unless you get stuck in a country with really skinny people, the average zombie is gonna be fat and slow. That's my take on it.
1/3 is obese, 2/3 is obese and overweight, so we are pretty much guaranteed to survive! It's both funny and sad at the same time.