CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
David Baxter
Member David Baxter is offline
 
David Baxter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth  West Australia
Posts: 217
help my chocolate fetish please

G'Day all

Ok have a look at my WOD log very WFS

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68631

Anyways as you can see I'm doing pretty good on the training side of things ( I think) but have a problem with my consumption of chocolate its kinda huge - I eat clean for 95% of the day (*100% Paleo )
but after dinner ( usually around 7pm) I woof ( hoover , gulp etc) a 250 gram block of chocolate down - its not even touching the sides this is having a detrimental effect on my fat loss so far - as I'm keen to drop a touch more - the thing is I can go all day without it but come dinner its a craving I can not shake -- any suggestions on how to curb this sugar fix

FWIW my meals are like this

WOD @ 9am then breakfast - 2 raw eggs with Tabasco
snack of fruit (apple etc)
lunch some type of meat and salad
pre work out eggs & bacon
Strength & WOD about 5pm
post WOD would be left over meat
dinner is meat and vege (usually chicken whole cooked for me ) then the choc hit

I drink about 6 glasses of water a day with another 3 easily during training

would also have a shot of espresso sometime during day

Hope you can help either with nutritional advice or hypnosis but this choc block has got to stop

__________________
You have to discipline yourself, and through this discipline will come some level of achievement, and from this achievement will come your pride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth
Member Rebecca Roth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saint Louis  MO
Posts: 2,048
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
G'Day all

Ok have a look at my WOD log very WFS

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68631

Anyways as you can see I'm doing pretty good on the training side of things ( I think) but have a problem with my consumption of chocolate its kinda huge - I eat clean for 95% of the day (*100% Paleo )
but after dinner ( usually around 7pm) I woof ( hoover , gulp etc) a 250 gram block of chocolate down - its not even touching the sides this is having a detrimental effect on my fat loss so far - as I'm keen to drop a touch more - the thing is I can go all day without it but come dinner its a craving I can not shake -- any suggestions on how to curb this sugar fix

FWIW my meals are like this

WOD @ 9am then breakfast - 2 raw eggs with Tabasco
snack of fruit (apple etc)
lunch some type of meat and salad
pre work out eggs & bacon
Strength & WOD about 5pm
post WOD would be left over meat
dinner is meat and vege (usually chicken whole cooked for me ) then the choc hit

I drink about 6 glasses of water a day with another 3 easily during training

would also have a shot of espresso sometime during day

Hope you can help either with nutritional advice or hypnosis but this choc block has got to stop

The word "fetish" does not mean what you think it means... I'm not sure anyone but your partner/significant other should be helping you with a chocolate fetish.


But more seriously, I dunno what to tell you, start eating unsweetened chocolate,or even better just stop buying any chocolate at all and you won't be able to over eat what you don't have.
__________________
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
David Baxter
Member David Baxter is offline
 
David Baxter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth  West Australia
Posts: 217
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

hahah thanks (I think) Bec
__________________
You have to discipline yourself, and through this discipline will come some level of achievement, and from this achievement will come your pride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Mark E. Wallace
Member Mark E. Wallace is offline
 
Mark E. Wallace's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cedar Park  TX
Posts: 3,869
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Honestly, just HTFU. Don't buy it. Don't eat it. You control what goes in. It doesn't control you.


- Mark
__________________
"Ima champ Still pushin Strong, Remember You only get what you train FOR>"
Snarky answers -- Free of charge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
David Baxter
Member David Baxter is offline
 
David Baxter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth  West Australia
Posts: 217
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Honestly, just HTFU. Don't buy it. Don't eat it. You control what goes in. It doesn't control you.


- Mark
Thanks Mate appreciate it
__________________
You have to discipline yourself, and through this discipline will come some level of achievement, and from this achievement will come your pride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
Lisa Stephenson
Affiliate Lisa Stephenson is offline
 
Lisa Stephenson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gaithersburg  MD
Posts: 47
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

I used to have a huge sweet tooth and would put sugar in my coffee, in cereal and I loved candy and other sweet foods. I found weaning myself off of sugar to work better than just trying to cut it out right away. I just slowly added less sugar to things and over time, I found that I was unable to eat some of the sweet things that I ate before. Now, I don't use sugar at all in coffee and really can't stand to eat more than a bite or two of anything sweet. If it's not an option just to cut it out, just try eating a little less of it everyday and eventually you won't be able to tolerate eating a lot at once.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
Chris Mason
Banned Chris Mason is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlottesville  VA
Posts: 4,708
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Stephenson View Post
I used to have a huge sweet tooth and would put sugar in my coffee, in cereal and I loved candy and other sweet foods. I found weaning myself off of sugar to work better than just trying to cut it out right away. I just slowly added less sugar to things and over time, I found that I was unable to eat some of the sweet things that I ate before. Now, I don't use sugar at all in coffee and really can't stand to eat more than a bite or two of anything sweet. If it's not an option just to cut it out, just try eating a little less of it everyday and eventually you won't be able to tolerate eating a lot at once.
Good advice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
David Baxter
Member David Baxter is offline
 
David Baxter's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth  West Australia
Posts: 217
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Stephenson View Post
I used to have a huge sweet tooth and would put sugar in my coffee, in cereal and I loved candy and other sweet foods. I found weaning myself off of sugar to work better than just trying to cut it out right away. I just slowly added less sugar to things and over time, I found that I was unable to eat some of the sweet things that I ate before. Now, I don't use sugar at all in coffee and really can't stand to eat more than a bite or two of anything sweet. If it's not an option just to cut it out, just try eating a little less of it everyday and eventually you won't be able to tolerate eating a lot at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Good advice.

cool , many thanks guys
__________________
You have to discipline yourself, and through this discipline will come some level of achievement, and from this achievement will come your pride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #9
Dave Traeger
Banned Dave Traeger is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Perth  WA Australia
Posts: 1,810
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

I went cold turkey on the things I was eating. Just dont buy them at the supermarket and they wont end up in your tummy
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #10
Niall Somerville
Member Niall Somerville is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Perth  Western Australia
Posts: 82
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Maybe start by replacing the chocolate with dark chocolate and then reduce the amount you eat over time. As a few others have stated, I have a massive sweet tooth and I found that cutting my consumption of sweet things is easier than cutting it out all together. I used to take 2-3 sugars in my coffee and now I can't drink coffee with sugar in it. Tastes repulsive to me.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chocolate cravings. Pär Larsson Nutrition 23 08-12-2011 11:55 AM
chocolate! Mike Neill Nutrition 7 11-21-2008 06:19 AM
Chocolate Milk Andrew Dossman Nutrition 8 10-13-2008 02:40 PM
Chocolate and chocolate Frank Menendez Nutrition 4 07-09-2007 04:15 AM
Chocolate Frank Menendez Nutrition 14 07-11-2006 04:29 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.