CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
David Baxter

Profile:
help my chocolate fetish please

G'Day all

Ok have a look at my WOD log very WFS

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68631

Anyways as you can see I'm doing pretty good on the training side of things ( I think) but have a problem with my consumption of chocolate its kinda huge - I eat clean for 95% of the day (*100% Paleo )
but after dinner ( usually around 7pm) I woof ( hoover , gulp etc) a 250 gram block of chocolate down - its not even touching the sides this is having a detrimental effect on my fat loss so far - as I'm keen to drop a touch more - the thing is I can go all day without it but come dinner its a craving I can not shake -- any suggestions on how to curb this sugar fix

FWIW my meals are like this

WOD @ 9am then breakfast - 2 raw eggs with Tabasco
snack of fruit (apple etc)
lunch some type of meat and salad
pre work out eggs & bacon
Strength & WOD about 5pm
post WOD would be left over meat
dinner is meat and vege (usually chicken whole cooked for me ) then the choc hit

I drink about 6 glasses of water a day with another 3 easily during training

would also have a shot of espresso sometime during day

Hope you can help either with nutritional advice or hypnosis but this choc block has got to stop

Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: help my chocolate fetish please

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
G'Day all

Ok have a look at my WOD log very WFS

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68631

Anyways as you can see I'm doing pretty good on the training side of things ( I think) but have a problem with my consumption of chocolate its kinda huge - I eat clean for 95% of the day (*100% Paleo )
but after dinner ( usually around 7pm) I woof ( hoover , gulp etc) a 250 gram block of chocolate down - its not even touching the sides this is having a detrimental effect on my fat loss so far - as I'm keen to drop a touch more - the thing is I can go all day without it but come dinner its a craving I can not shake -- any suggestions on how to curb this sugar fix

FWIW my meals are like this

WOD @ 9am then breakfast - 2 raw eggs with Tabasco
snack of fruit (apple etc)
lunch some type of meat and salad
pre work out eggs & bacon
Strength & WOD about 5pm
post WOD would be left over meat
dinner is meat and vege (usually chicken whole cooked for me ) then the choc hit

I drink about 6 glasses of water a day with another 3 easily during training

would also have a shot of espresso sometime during day

Hope you can help either with nutritional advice or hypnosis but this choc block has got to stop

The word "fetish" does not mean what you think it means... I'm not sure anyone but your partner/significant other should be helping you with a chocolate fetish.

But more seriously, I dunno what to tell you, start eating unsweetened chocolate,or even better just stop buying any chocolate at all and you won't be able to over eat what you don't have.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
David Baxter

Profile:

hahah thanks (I think) Bec
Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Honestly, just HTFU. Don't buy it. Don't eat it. You control what goes in. It doesn't control you.

- Mark
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
David Baxter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Honestly, just HTFU. Don't buy it. Don't eat it. You control what goes in. It doesn't control you.

- Mark
Thanks Mate appreciate it
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
Lisa Stephenson

Profile:

I used to have a huge sweet tooth and would put sugar in my coffee, in cereal and I loved candy and other sweet foods. I found weaning myself off of sugar to work better than just trying to cut it out right away. I just slowly added less sugar to things and over time, I found that I was unable to eat some of the sweet things that I ate before. Now, I don't use sugar at all in coffee and really can't stand to eat more than a bite or two of anything sweet. If it's not an option just to cut it out, just try eating a little less of it everyday and eventually you won't be able to tolerate eating a lot at once.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Stephenson View Post
I used to have a huge sweet tooth and would put sugar in my coffee, in cereal and I loved candy and other sweet foods. I found weaning myself off of sugar to work better than just trying to cut it out right away. I just slowly added less sugar to things and over time, I found that I was unable to eat some of the sweet things that I ate before. Now, I don't use sugar at all in coffee and really can't stand to eat more than a bite or two of anything sweet. If it's not an option just to cut it out, just try eating a little less of it everyday and eventually you won't be able to tolerate eating a lot at once.
Good advice.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
David Baxter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Stephenson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Good advice.

cool , many thanks guys
Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #9
Dave Traeger

Profile:

I went cold turkey on the things I was eating. Just dont buy them at the supermarket and they wont end up in your tummy
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #10
Niall Somerville

Profile:

Maybe start by replacing the chocolate with dark chocolate and then reduce the amount you eat over time. As a few others have stated, I have a massive sweet tooth and I found that cutting my consumption of sweet things is easier than cutting it out all together. I used to take 2-3 sugars in my coffee and now I can't drink coffee with sugar in it. Tastes repulsive to me.