CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Evan Peikon

Profile:
Appetite = Gone

For the past year I've been training fasted with my first meal at around 8:30-9am after i finish up at the gym. Recenetly i started WOD'ing at 10am so I've been eating breakfast before hand now at around 7-7:45am. Ive noticed that every time i eat breakfast i have absolutely no appetite for the rest of the day, and every bite of food i take makes me feel sick to my stomach. Even breakfast is forced down and i haven't really wanted to eat in over a week... I took a few day off from training and that just made my appetite even less.

I know I'm not over trained etc, because I haven't been going crazy with training lately, but i did hit some great PR's last week too.

Im wondering if anyone has any advice/suggestions... Should i just have my first meal @11:30-12 and push my whole days feeding window back or something? (the only problem with this is that id have trouble getting three meals in for the day then).

Thanks,
Evan

PS my diet is usually as follows
Three meals consisting of
12oz meat (usually beef, bison, salmon) or 7-8 eggs
1 large sweet potato , or 1 piece fruit
salad/ grilled veg

and post workout i usually do a shake with nitrean and sometimes dextrose
Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Daniel Wheeler

Profile:
Re: Appetite = Gone

I would die if I didn't eat until that late in the day.

You're a pretty lean guy aren't you?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

Could be your body adjusting to a new schedule. If you are training at 10am, I say stick with breakfast. I am a big proponent of the pre-WOD nutrition aiding in performance.

If you aren't that hungry, you don't have to stick to 3 big meals. You can break them up and even make a oats/coconut milk/protein shake to get extra calories. It is tasty and easy to take down.

Other contributors could be sleep or stress...have those changed?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Miqueila Montgomery

Profile:

Maybe you could give yourself some additional time before eating breakfast? So don't eat at 7 or 8, make it more like 9-ish? Either way, probably shouldn't WOD on an empty stomach.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Evan Peikon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wheeler View Post
I would die if I didn't eat until that late in the day.

You're a pretty lean guy aren't you?
I just wake up not hungry. I feel like i don't need food in the morning since I just slept for 8-9 hours/ haven't moved. And yeah I'm a lean guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Shishineh View Post
Could be your body adjusting to a new schedule. If you are training at 10am, I say stick with breakfast. I am a big proponent of the pre-WOD nutrition aiding in performance.

If you aren't that hungry, you don't have to stick to 3 big meals. You can break them up and even make a oats/coconut milk/protein shake to get extra calories. It is tasty and easy to take down.

Other contributors could be sleep or stress...have those changed?
It's weird when I wake up I have energy but once I get a meal in I get tired/ feel more bogged down. Sleeps been good, stress has been up and down but that's normal (need to end that though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miqueila Montgomery View Post
Maybe you could give yourself some additional time before eating breakfast? So don't eat at 7 or 8, make it more like 9-ish? Either way, probably shouldn't WOD on an empty stomach.
9 is to close to the workout. And what would be wrong with wod'ing on an empty stomach assuming adequate calories are eaten during the day?