CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
Bryant Powers

Profile:
I was just wondering how to get in contact with the people at Crossfit Aina Haina to so we can meet up.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:17 AM   #2
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
Hi Bryant, I think you emailed me about training CF with me. I saw the Aina Haina photo, and Koko Head, as well. Would be nice to train with these peeps, but the drive in itself is a stretch. I got one of my CF-training coworkers living out in Hawaii Kai. I told him about these people in AH, he's interested in that place too. He may already know the people there. I'm just surpised this CF location did not post anything about themselves on here already.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
David Wood

Profile:

Hmmm . . . since at least on of the people in those photos is a Santa Cruz regular (Nicole), I kinda assumed it was just a "temporary" (i.e., vacation) CF affiliate.

If it's there semi-permanently, one more reason to adjust next year's vacation plans.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
lol if that place is a vacation plce then there are some rich people buying all that stuff there. Too high-makamaka for me
Old 08-03-2005, 04:16 PM   #5
Bryant Powers

Profile:
Hey Kawika I did email you about getting together awhile back but I am in the Army and have been gone for a little while. I just moved in to a house in Kunia and am putting together my garage gym. I have a pull up bar, rings, bar and weights, kettlebells, jumpstrecth bands, 20lb dynamax, indo board, slackline, various ironmind stuff,tons of work books/DVDs and some other misc stuff. I just found a horse mat supplier out here so I should have it matted this weekend. Also with the money I saved I should get squat racks, pillars of power, bumper plates, and a GHM in a month or so. So I guess if there is no Crossfit Aina Haina, I love to start something at my house. If there is interest let me know and we can figure out how to meet up.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
Wow that sounds awesome Bryant. IN a way I wish I didn't have certain responsibilities right now. I think I might have been able to have something similar. lol. But wow a GHM, must have costed you a pretty penny.

Mahalo,
Kawika
Old 08-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
Bryant Powers

Profile:
Kawika- I haven't ordered any of the big ticket items yet as I am still trying to find the best price out here. My intent is to get those things pretty soon though.

Also I was wondering who else here lives on Oahu?
Old 08-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #8
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
You ever read the comments on the left hand side when you open the site? There is a comment from a Fire Captain named Rob Moss. He is a Honolulu Fire Department Fire Captain. He is actually the first person I knew here on Oahu that does/did CrossFit. Then of course his crew was doing it also so they were the other people. I worked with him several times and he is the real deal as he explains in his comment (which appears often). Then there's the crew I work with at the firehouse I am at. Out of a crew of 5, 4 of us got involved in doing WODs or preparing ourselves to do WODs.