CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 05-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
Keith Graves

Profile:
Team Workouts

I am looking for a good CF style workout to do with my SWAT Team. All are none CFers. I am in charge of PT this month and want to do a good CF style session, but I don't have access to pull up bars, kb's, etc...

Has anyone done a team workout without having the usual equipment available? What did that workout consist of? I'd love to do something like Murph, but the only pull up bar I have available to me fits one person at a time.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
Sean McCue

Profile:
Re: Team Workouts

Here are a couple of suggestions. Break the team into 4 groups. Arrange the groups so they are on the corners of square about 20 meters apart. Each station has a different exercise like Pushups, Situps, Burpees, Mt. Climbers, Tuck Jumps, Squats, etc. Each group will perform the station's exercise for 30 seconds and then have 30 secs to transition to the next station. For the transition, they must Bear Crawl, Crab Walk, Lunge, Broad Jump, Skip, Leaping Burpee, etc.. all the way to the next station. Six rounds takes only 24 minutes but it will be a great workout. Do a short warmup and a cooldown with some stretching.
Another idea is to have groups of 4 or 5 work together to complete a workout. Run 400m/200push/run 400m/200 squats/run 400m/200 situps/run 400m/200 burpees.
The goal for the group to complete the workout as quickly as possible. 200 is for the entire group not the individual. To promote teamwork, each small group runs together and does their exercises together. No one starts the next run until all the reps are complete.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Steve Ericson

Profile:

Group session ideas with no equipment www.simplefit.org -W/F/S
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
Larry A Henrikson

Profile:

If you've got padded shields you can do the station rotation with combatives like knees, elbows, rapid fire punches, etc instead of strength exercises. I did these often in Krav Maga and it turns you inside out in about 5 minutes.