CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Kevin Johnson

Profile:
Did I put this "floss" band on too tight?

Basically I bought a 29x2.3 inner tube, cut it in half, and used it starting yesterday on my elbow. However, the 3rd time using it and taking it through the ROM, a split was created in the band when I took it full rom. When I took it off and tried putting it on another area, the split ripped the band in half! I'm wondering if I'm putting it on too tight, as I had my wife wrap the crap out of it on my arm. The more I read the more I am wondering if this is not how tight it should be?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
David Osorio

Profile:
Re: Did I put this "floss" band on too tight?

I would probably assume there was an issue with the band itself, especially since you DIY'd it and perhaps there was an existing cut which just yielded further under the tension of the wrap.

Kelly talks about pulling the bands to 50-75% stretch from their resting length to gauge how tight you should wrap them.

IMO a voodoo band is money well spent.