CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Jesse Gray

Profile:
Looking for Female trainer in Sacramento

Opening up a new box in Sacramento and while we'd like to think we're great trainers, we're all men. We would love to interview some women trainers who can bring a new perspective to our box! Please note, we're not looking to get a woman trainer just for the sake of her being a woman, we want someone who will add to the value and coaching quality of our gym. L-1 is an absolute minimum. High level athletic background, other certifications as well as CSCS preferred. If this interests you and you believe you are qualified please send me a PM.
Thanks!

P.S. don't be intimidated, we're nice!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Branden Bates

Profile:
Re: Looking for Female trainer in Sacramento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Gray View Post
Opening up a new box in Sacramento and while we'd like to think we're great trainers, we're all men. We would love to interview some women trainers who can bring a new perspective to our box! Please note, we're not looking to get a woman trainer just for the sake of her being a woman, we want someone who will add to the value and coaching quality of our gym. L-1 is an absolute minimum. High level athletic background, other certifications as well as CSCS preferred. If this interests you and you believe you are qualified please send me a PM.
Thanks!

P.S. don't be intimidated, we're nice!
Is it okay if I share this with someone on a Facebook message? She is a coach in the Roseville area, not sure if she is available or not. But worth a shot.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
Jesse Gray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branden Bates View Post
Is it okay if I share this with someone on a Facebook message? She is a coach in the Roseville area, not sure if she is available or not. But worth a shot.
Absolutely, wouldn't have put this on the internet if I didn't want people to see it
Old 12-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Jesse, I just shared this off my page and off the StrengthSessions podcast which is getting pretty hooked up around Sac.

Good luck.

Can you PM about where you are gonna start up. Just curious.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
David Osorio

Profile:

Just FYI

It is technically illegal to advertise for a job that shows gender preference. I completely understand wanting to balance male and female coaches, but just something to consider when putting it out online.

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/ (WFS)

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Jesse Gray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Osorio View Post
Just FYI

It is technically illegal to advertise for a job that shows gender preference. I completely understand wanting to balance male and female coaches, but just something to consider when putting it out online.

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/ (WFS)

Good luck!
Duly noted! For the record, we are more than willing to hear from all people of every race, creed, color, gender and orientation. Our "hiring" (we are too amatuer to really call it that) is based 100% on a person's qualifications and nothing else. We are merely encouraging a more diverse group of people to let us know if they are interested in coaching at our box!