CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #191
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Range compilation from yesterday. 2 hours made into 5 mins lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXY8Hy-Q9tU WFS
very nicely done.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #192
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

for todays workout, after i played around with front squat stances and such, i did a straight squat burnout workout. i would do as many front squats as i could, rack it, do as many back squats as i could, rack it, strip a weight off each side while resting 1 minute, then repeat, the goal being to hit more reps with each drop in weight. i do not recommend this as it was BRUTAL!

weights used were 315, 275, 225, 185, 135, 95

i am sure i will pay for this tomorrow.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #193
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Yep, that is going to be hell the next few days.

In other news, I took another big step in my conditioning. 10 DB R/L Pwr Sn (started with Sq but knees didn't like it) of 20-30-40-50. Last reps of 50 I could tell was about my limit as I barely could do them consecutive. I had some thoughts of trying to do singles to 90 but called it.

Lay off squats, knees feel better. Try to do squats after laying off squats, knees feel tight. Grr. Hit 330 but wasn't feeling up to doing 300 for 5x3 and moved on to OHP/Pendlay row.

Hands feel chewed up from doing Sn triples after a week off.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #194
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
new toy for kids today... hopefully we find some critters for this killing machine this fall
I like it!

Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #195
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Anyone else think Klokov's wife got implants after her track career was over?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #196
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
in other news i am officially deformed or something because i have actually tried using both barefoot shoes and oly shoes and every form and stance i can think to try to make my knees go past my toes on front squats and it just isn't going to happen. all i can figure is that it has something to do with being a short fat guy and not a tall skinny guy? oh well, que sara, sara.
Maybe your levers being like that help explain why you are so strong? I'd imagine being able to do front squats without knees forward would be a lot stronger position - you are able to engage more of the backs of your legs/glutes. I wasn't trying to be insulting of you in the front squat thread, I just really haven't seen anybody be able to front squat without knees breaking forward.

Last edited by Jeff Enge : 07-24-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #197
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
in other news i am officially deformed or something because i have actually tried using both barefoot shoes and oly shoes and every form and stance i can think to try to make my knees go past my toes on front squats and it just isn't going to happen. all i can figure is that it has something to do with being a short fat guy and not a tall skinny guy? oh well, que sara, sara.
I know you know lifting so take this with a grain if salt, but how is your calf ankle flexibility? If that is bad thin it could keep you from knees forward.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #198
Jeff Enge

Profile:

So, I went to open gym at my CF affiliate yesterday, and several people were asking me to watch/critique their snatch (like I'm some kind of expert from being on a weightlifting team for three weeks )... I can diagnose and cue for a lot of the lift, but one problem nearly everybody there had was their hips going straight up first thing on the first pull (there was one coach we had that taught the lifts in a way that lent itself to that error), and I couldn't figure out a cue for that, though I tried a bunch of different things.

Any ideas?

Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #199
John Holcombe

Profile:

Well guys I've decided to switch focus on my training. My trainer helped me come to the decision actually because I asked him for advice. When I joined this new crossfit affiliate about 9 months ago I put on some size/strength for a couple reasons. First, I was training more consistently and getting more sleep than I had in a while. Secondly, because this gym focuses a lot on strength. But after I got a lot of my numbers up I noticed a big plateau over the last couple months and even a decline in strength on certain things like squats.

What I've been doing is using heavy weights in our WODs and pretty much wiping out a ton of my energy doing too much cardio. The workouts would take me longer than a lot of other people because I would never scale, which kind of misses the point. So i'm going to be focusing primarily on strength - making sure to get all my lifting sets in every week and then some. I'm also planning to squat heavy twice a week and probably doing box squats or front squats a third time. Ready to hit that 315 squat! I'll keep the metcons short and fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Maybe your levers being like that help explain why you are so strong? I'd imagine being able to do front squats without knees forward would be a lot stronger position - you are able to engage more of the backs of your legs/glutes. I wasn't trying to be insulting of you in the front squat thread, I just really haven't seen anybody be able to front squat without knees breaking forward.
I was thinking if your knees don't go past your toes isn't that a good thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
So, I went to open gym at my CF affiliate yesterday, and several people were asking me to watch/critique their snatch (like I'm some kind of expert from being on a weightlifting team for three weeks )... I can diagnose and cue for a lot of the lift, but one problem nearly everybody there had was their hips going straight up first thing on the first pull (there was one coach we had that taught the lifts in a way that lent itself to that error), and I couldn't figure out a cue for that, though I tried a bunch of different things.

Any ideas?
I might have to upload a snatch video for your expert analysis now

but seriously I might do that.

Last edited by John Holcombe : 07-24-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #200
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

N/m after more analysis, I think she just put some body fat on.