CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-15-2009, 04:35 AM   #1
Jeff Kilinski

Profile:
Keeping track of your Zone

I've searched the site for ideas on how to best log my Zone intake. I've been doing it by hand in a notebook but it seems a bit awkward. I'm in front of a screen all day so a spreadsheet or online source would be good. I've looked at Fitday and read some of the comments on the board and it doesn't seem to be really designed for Zone'ers. I've used other online sites in my before crossfit days but they are still focused on weight loss and calorie intake rather than the proper blocks.

I'm inclined to build my own spreadsheet with lookup tables and whatnot but my excel skills can only go so far. I was wondering if there are any db wonks or excel guru's out there who have done something.

I would be great to have one source that combines beyondthewhiteboard, zone and the occasional, dare I say, non WOD workout. I'm new on this BBS so if this has been covered please point me to the right thread. I've been crossfiting for about 10 months and feel like I've stalled a bit and think a more rigorous attention to zone will help. Just looking for the right tools.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Camille Lore

Profile:  
Re: Keeping track of your Zone

Oh lordy... why make it so complicated?
I track mine on Livestrong's Daily Plate (overkill a bit there...)
I use a sticky notes application like AT Notes to have a little virtual post it on my screen where I keep count of my blocks. Roight now all it says is: "Blocks-2,2". That's how I count mine.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Jeff Kilinski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Oh lordy... why make it so complicated?
I track mine on Livestrong's Daily Plate (overkill a bit there...)
I use a sticky notes application like AT Notes to have a little virtual post it on my screen where I keep count of my blocks. Roight now all it says is: "Blocks-2,2". That's how I count mine.
Point taken. My wife is the "It'll do" person, I'm the over the top detail oriented one.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Mike Kelley

Profile:

I pretty much have everything memorized (as far as block count)

I keep a little note pad that literally says P/C/F at the top and I just write in my tally for each meal throughout the course of the day and make sure it adds up to what I'm shooting for

If you want more detail, I believe there is a spreadsheet someone already made floating around here somewhere