CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 05-22-2004, 05:54 PM   #1
Matt K

Profile:  
Hi everyone, I recently intoduced myself on the "Starting" board... but I have a new question...

CFJ #2 -
"There are many excellent sources for learning the deadlift, clean, squat, and jerk but for the clean and jerk and the snatch we know of only one outstanding source and that is a couple of videotapes produced by World Class Coaching LLC (http://www.worldclasscoachingllc.com/)"

This link appears to be expired. Does anyone know how (where) I can find these videos? Any substitutes of equal quality?

Thanks a lot-
Matt K :happy:
Old 05-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
Jim Butts

Profile:
Matt,

The videos are called 'The World's Fastest Lift' and 'The World's Most Powerful Lift'. I did a quick google search and found them both at Amazon. Your own search might uncover other, perhaps cheaper, outlets. They are great videos, both in terms of content and production quality. As explained by Dan John in his review in the CFJ, some of the techniques are somewhat controversial in the 'traditional' sense (narrower grip on the snatch, staying back on the heels, etc.) As far as alternatives, I will be taking a couple of WL courses through the Weightlifting Association of British Columbia soon, and the videos that they recommend are the companion videos to 'The Weightlifting Encyclopedia' by Arthur Dreschler and 'Explosive Lifting for Sports' by Harvey Newton. I haven't seen them, so I can't comment, however the 'Encyclopedia' is a great book, very comprehensive. Also, I think Lincoln Brigham mentioned in a recent post that the American Weightkifting Association has some resources available. Good luck and take your time learning the lifts.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #3
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
Unfortunately, i too have been looking everywhere for these videos but they're nowhere to be found. Amazon won't ship them over here if they're used.

I will keep on looking until I find them though-I promise you that!:happy:
Old 05-27-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
dave ojeda

Profile:
Here is the link you need:

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/2866.html

It has the phone number for direct purchase, that's what I called to get them.

Also the weblink of an online source.

I hope this helps!

Dave