CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Robert Callahan

Profile:
Got my Bumpers!!!

I just got the Crossfit Special from Glen Pendlay and I am pumepd!! We got the bar and bumpers, 2 sets of 10s, a set of 25s, and a set of 45s (traded the 35s for 2 sets of 10s and saved 20 bucks) First thing i did was load on the 25s clean and jerked it and let it fall! Having never dropped weights from overhead it was rather fun i must say!! Anyways i am more celebrating than anything else and wanted to share my excitement

-Robert
Old 07-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Stefan Borovina

Profile:
Re: Got my Bumpers!!!

Nice Robert... this has been on my wishlist for a while. I just don't have any room to set it all up. Definitly a great purchase.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Elliot Fuller

Profile:

Nice, congrats. I kept putting them off and putting them off until I only had about 3 months to go before I have to leave, and now there's no point. On the down side, I won't know what it feels like to drop weights; on the plus side, I saved about $500

I envy you though... send em my way if you get bored with them.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Joe Agliozzo

Profile:

Wow, glad I saw this post, I just ordered that setup and was going to order extra 10's for my wife, now I will just see if I can do the substitution you did.

BTW, like your avatar, my son's team just won the California Cup 14 and under water polo championship last weekend in San Diego. Makes me want to play the game, looks like fun!

edit: Talked to Glen, what a nice person to deal with. I am going to just pickup an extra set of 10's..

Last edited by Joe Agliozzo : 07-18-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Nice, yeah Glen is a great guy, our bumpers got a little back ordered but he was very prompt in letting us know what was going on and what the time frame was. I love the bar and bumpers!

That is cool that your son plays, it is a great sport! I just finished my senior year at Santa Clara University You should find a masters league and try it out sometime. Though you have to be carefull cause some masters guys take it pretty serious..

-Robert