CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Dan Perino

Profile:
New In Northeast New Jersey

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan Perino. I am a 45.5 year old male residing in Ramsey, NJ. I have been lurking and learning from this site for quite some time. I am astounded daily by the amount of accumulated knowledge contained in this wonderful resource. I have joined this forum to say thank you to everyone on these boards who has helped further my knowledge of athletic performance and enabled me to make informed decisions about equipment in order to facilitate it.

I have purchased equipment from Glenn Pendlay and Jon Gilson and books from Coach Rip, I have had a subscription to the CrossFit Journal for over a year, and would seriously consider joining a CF gym if the location and logistics were right. As it is I have been working out at home, trying to kip (getting better slowly), working on my lifts, and most importantly, prioritzing my workouts so they become an essential part of my day.

I am spreading the word to those who ask. I was directed to this site by a coworker and have directed many others to it. Maybe one of these days we'll have an affiliate in Bergen County.

Thanks Coach, thanks Lauren, and thank you to all.

Sincerely,

Dan Perino
Old 01-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Re: New In Northeast New Jersey

Dan, welcome to CrossFit!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Perino View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Dan Perino. I am a 45.5 year old male residing in Ramsey, NJ. I have been lurking and learning from this site for quite some time. I am astounded daily by the amount of accumulated knowledge contained in this wonderful resource. I have joined this forum to say thank you to everyone on these boards who has helped further my knowledge of athletic performance and enabled me to make informed decisions about equipment in order to facilitate it.

I have purchased equipment from Glenn Pendlay and Jon Gilson and books from Coach Rip, I have had a subscription to the CrossFit Journal for over a year, and would seriously consider joining a CF gym if the location and logistics were right. As it is I have been working out at home, trying to kip (getting better slowly), working on my lifts, and most importantly, prioritzing my workouts so they become an essential part of my day.

I am spreading the word to those who ask. I was directed to this site by a coworker and have directed many others to it. Maybe one of these days we'll have an affiliate in Bergen County.

Sincerely,

Dan Perino
Dan welcome to the CF boards. I am part time over in Monsey off exit 14B (of 287). We could work out together sometime, although I am mostly Olifting now. I am CF level 1 and 2 certified as well as the basic barbell certified.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
Dan Perino

Profile:

Hi Sarena: I could sure use some help on my o-lifts. I was considering CrossFit NYC since I work on the West Side of Manhattan but their hours don't coincide with mine. Maybe we could put something together. I do not have a platform in my garage, just concrete, ouch. I do have bumpers and stands. I've actually put together a pretty nice facility. Rings (the first thing I bought), pullup bar, climbing rope; lots of fun, when it's warm!

Hi Frank: I get to Venice for vacation once or twice a year. Perhaps a ride up to Sarasota on my next trip. Beautiful city, I've been to St. Armand's and Mote Marine many times.

Thanks for the welcome.

Dan Perino
Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
John Messano

Profile:

for help with Oly lifting - may I suggest:

www.performancemenu.com

a Cf affiliate called Catalyst Athletics is programming Oly lift workouts.

see also Mike's Gym, another Oly lift daily programming site.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Michael Stehle

Profile:

Welcome Dan!

Come visit us if your ever in the Shore area!

Mike

www.NewJerseyCrossFit.com
Old 01-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Perino View Post
Hi everyone,

Sincerely,

Dan Perino
5an, lets revisit this is 2 weeks! I am quite focused now on training for a meer but will be doing a 2day seminar with Greg Everett of performance menu next wknd! Why dont u send me a PM after that pls!!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
Dan Perino

Profile:

Thanks John: I've seen both of those sites and they are very informative. They are a little beyond my skill level. Need a lot of work to get up to that kind of speed.

Thanks for the welcome Michael: I always thought Avon-By-The-Sea was a cool little town. We were considering a week there this past summer.

Good luck Sarena! A weekend training with Greg Everett. Love to be a fly on the wall for that. I'll get in touch in a couple of weeks.

Dan