CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Shawn Patrick Kelley

Profile:
Can anyone help me?

I have a messed up living situation and I'm trying to follow a zone diet.My rx
for protien is 24 blocks.I can only get at 1% milk and nuts for my first meal . For the remaining meals I eat some meats,but mostly protien powder.I can get at all the fruits and vegies I want,it's the whole milk at breakfast thing-is that going to mess up "the zone"?Who has a fast life out there and the same blocks as me.I would like to see what some tupper wear people eat like at 24 blocks?Thank you.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: Can anyone help me?

WHy can you only get whole milk and nuts at breakfast but you are unlimited in what you can eat the rest of the day?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Patrick Kelley View Post
I have a messed up living situation and I'm trying to follow a zone diet.My rx
for protien is 24 blocks.I can only get at 1% milk and nuts for my first meal . For the remaining meals I eat some meats,but mostly protien powder.I can get at all the fruits and vegies I want, it's the whole milk at breakfast thing-is that going to mess up "the zone"? Who has a fast life out there and the same blocks as me.I would like to see what some tupper wear people eat like at 24 blocks?Thank you.
You can't mess up The Zone because there is no Zone.

Sears whole Zone 40:30:30 theory is just pseudoscientific nonsense and clever marketing and the truth is The Zone Diet is just another low calorie weight loss program where you lose weight because you're eating fewer calories.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Mike ODonnell

Profile:

The most important factor for any nutritional approach, is one you can "maintain and sustain". If the Zone is not possible, then time for a new approach. Weight loss is about calorie deficit, not a particular ratio. Might be time for more "Real Food" choices (and maybe along with some IF) depending on your schedule. Find what works realistically for you and you will be better off in the long run for lasting results, as that is what really matters.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Shawn Patrick Kelley

Profile:

Thank you all for your replies.I really love this whole crossfit thing.The place I'm at serves a free breakfast-1% milk(3 12z glasses)ceral,toast,and sometimes a fruit juice-So I'm dealing with this until next May.After breakfast I head to work where I have 3 meals consisting of protien powders,or lean meats with fruits and vegies,oh I also add walnuts or olive oil to each meal for healthy fats.When I get back to where I'm staying I work out and have protien powder,fast acting carbs like tatas,or rice and more walnuts.I do this everyday.I also take omega 3z,vit C,and an antioxident.That's it
Old 12-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
Eric S. Jensen

Profile:

Glad you're liking crossfit. You'll see much better results though if you clean up your diet. What's your living arrangement like? Do you have your own fridge? I think the only time you should be consuming protein powders is after your work out.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #7
Stephen Lewis Romer

Profile:

Stop Zoning and start Paleo-ing.